SALT LAKE CITY — The House approved a bill Tuesday that would create an advisory council to study limiting the number of Cabinet members who report directly to Gov. Gary Herbert.
Rep. Wayne Harper, R-West Jordan, said the advisory council created under HB280 would make recommendations on restructuring state agencies to make Utah's government more efficient.
"I think the outcome will be very valuable," the bill's sponsor said.
The measure now moves to the Senate for its consideration.
— Amanda Verzello
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9