BYU roundup: Cougars a No. 1 seed in projected bracket
Over the weekend, following BYU's huge 80-67 victory over San Diego State, ESPN bracketologist Joe Lunardi proclaimed the Cougars would be a No. 1 seed in the West Regional of the NCAA Tournament.
Monday, Lunardi revealed his weekly bracket and, sure enough, there's BYU, a No. 1 seed in the West in Denver, playing No. 16 seed Florida Atlantic, with the winner playing the winner of Washington/Kansas State.
Lunardi's other No. 1 seeds are Ohio State, Pittsburgh, and Kansas.
San Diego State is projected as a No. 3 seed while Utah State is a No. 8 seed.
See the full bracket here.
In general, BYU is receiving a lot of love from the national media. Some other links to national stories about BYU and it's big win over the weekend:
- ESPN's Andy Katz on Jimmer Fredette and why he is the national player of the year.
- ESPN's Eamonn Brennan looks at all sides of the discussion about whether the Cougars deserve a No. 1 seed.
- CBS Sports' Gary Parrish's power rankings and seedings.
- NBC's Mike Miller writes about how Fredette was unflappable in the face of the rabid San Diego State student section, The Show.
- Dick Weiss of the New York Daily News says BYU is looking like a No. 1 seed.
- Jason King of Yahoo Sports notes that the Cougars will happy to be in the West, regardless of their seeding.
- Tom Krasovic draws comparisons between Jimmer and Larry Bird.
- Finally, here's where you can vote for Fredette for the Cousy Award.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34