Red roundup: How Utes measure up in 'explosive plays' with Pac-12 foes
Mitch Dumke, Deseret News
ESPN.com's Ted Miller examines "explosive plays" by Pac-12 teams last season. Explosive plays are defined as those covering 20 yards or more. Utah had 58 last season to rank 48th in the nation. The only Pac-12 teams to fare better were Oregon (5th, 82), Stanford (14th, 69) and Arizona (38th, 60). UCLA and new Ute offensive coordinator Norm Chow ranked 116th with 31 explosive plays last season.
— Former Utah coach and current ESPN analyst Urban Meyer is expected to pick up some additional compensation from Florida in the near future.
— Utah alum, and current Portland point guard, Andre Miller has been the topic of several trade rumors. Now comes a report that he may stay put with the Trail Blazers.
— Ex-Ute Brandon Burton discusses his future in the NFL Draft.
— Earlier this month, the Reno Gazette-Journal ranked the top men's basketball teams in WAC history. Utah garnered the top two spots and a pair of spots on the honorable mention list.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25