Mitch Dumke, Deseret News
ESPN.com's Ted Miller examines "explosive plays" by Pac-12 teams last season. Explosive plays are defined as those covering 20 yards or more. Utah had 58 last season to rank 48th in the nation. The only Pac-12 teams to fare better were Oregon (5th, 82), Stanford (14th, 69) and Arizona (38th, 60). UCLA and new Ute offensive coordinator Norm Chow ranked 116th with 31 explosive plays last season.
— Former Utah coach and current ESPN analyst Urban Meyer is expected to pick up some additional compensation from Florida in the near future.
— Utah alum, and current Portland point guard, Andre Miller has been the topic of several trade rumors. Now comes a report that he may stay put with the Trail Blazers.
— Ex-Ute Brandon Burton discusses his future in the NFL Draft.
— Earlier this month, the Reno Gazette-Journal ranked the top men's basketball teams in WAC history. Utah garnered the top two spots and a pair of spots on the honorable mention list.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43