Red roundup: How Utes measure up in 'explosive plays' with Pac-12 foes
Mitch Dumke, Deseret News
ESPN.com's Ted Miller examines "explosive plays" by Pac-12 teams last season. Explosive plays are defined as those covering 20 yards or more. Utah had 58 last season to rank 48th in the nation. The only Pac-12 teams to fare better were Oregon (5th, 82), Stanford (14th, 69) and Arizona (38th, 60). UCLA and new Ute offensive coordinator Norm Chow ranked 116th with 31 explosive plays last season.
— Former Utah coach and current ESPN analyst Urban Meyer is expected to pick up some additional compensation from Florida in the near future.
— Utah alum, and current Portland point guard, Andre Miller has been the topic of several trade rumors. Now comes a report that he may stay put with the Trail Blazers.
— Ex-Ute Brandon Burton discusses his future in the NFL Draft.
— Earlier this month, the Reno Gazette-Journal ranked the top men's basketball teams in WAC history. Utah garnered the top two spots and a pair of spots on the honorable mention list.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22