Red roundup: Pundits weigh in on Utes' first Pac-12 recruiting class
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The Bleacher Report ranks the Pac-12's top football recruiters. They've got Utah's Kyle Whittingham in the No. 8 spot with a prediction he'll move up as time progresses. While noting that Whittingham had his best recruiting class ever in his first Pac-12 offseason, the article notes it ranked only 45th nationally. Even so, they called it a good start.
— The Daily Californian notes the irony in this weekend's baseball series between Cal and Utah. The Bears are entering their final season after cutting the sport, while the Utes are preparing to join the Pac-12 next year.
— ESPN.com's Mike Sando explains why the San Francisco 49ers make sense for former Utah quarterback Alex Smith.
— Ex-Ute Andre Miller continues to make news. Yahoo Sports has video of a crafty move by the NBA veteran.
— And finally, GatorCountry.com caught up with former Utah coach Urban Meyer in his new office inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at the University of Florida.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34