Red roundup: Pundits weigh in on Utes' first Pac-12 recruiting class
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The Bleacher Report ranks the Pac-12's top football recruiters. They've got Utah's Kyle Whittingham in the No. 8 spot with a prediction he'll move up as time progresses. While noting that Whittingham had his best recruiting class ever in his first Pac-12 offseason, the article notes it ranked only 45th nationally. Even so, they called it a good start.
— The Daily Californian notes the irony in this weekend's baseball series between Cal and Utah. The Bears are entering their final season after cutting the sport, while the Utes are preparing to join the Pac-12 next year.
— ESPN.com's Mike Sando explains why the San Francisco 49ers make sense for former Utah quarterback Alex Smith.
— Ex-Ute Andre Miller continues to make news. Yahoo Sports has video of a crafty move by the NBA veteran.
— And finally, GatorCountry.com caught up with former Utah coach Urban Meyer in his new office inside Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at the University of Florida.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15