Red roundup: Utes find Pac-12 membership a huge aid in recruiting
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told ESPN.com's Ted Miller that "without a doubt" the Utes benefitted from Pac-12 membership in recruiting. He said they "were able to get in on several players that we would have had no chance of getting in on without the affiliation."
— A Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist had kind things to say about BYU assistant Dave Rice. Could he be a candidate to replace Jim Boylen, if Utah decides to make a head coaching change?
— Ex-Ute Andrew Bogut told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel there is nothing to report on after the Bucks held a players only meeting at the team hotel in Memphis.
—Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at the relationship between new San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and former Utah quarterback Alex Smith. They may end up working together if nothing develops elsewhere for Smith in the offseason.
— And finally, ex-Ute coach Urban Meyer is settling into his new lifestyle as an ESPN commentator. He does, however, worry about getting bored.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 22