Red roundup: Utes find Pac-12 membership a huge aid in recruiting
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told ESPN.com's Ted Miller that "without a doubt" the Utes benefitted from Pac-12 membership in recruiting. He said they "were able to get in on several players that we would have had no chance of getting in on without the affiliation."
— A Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist had kind things to say about BYU assistant Dave Rice. Could he be a candidate to replace Jim Boylen, if Utah decides to make a head coaching change?
— Ex-Ute Andrew Bogut told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel there is nothing to report on after the Bucks held a players only meeting at the team hotel in Memphis.
—Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at the relationship between new San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and former Utah quarterback Alex Smith. They may end up working together if nothing develops elsewhere for Smith in the offseason.
— And finally, ex-Ute coach Urban Meyer is settling into his new lifestyle as an ESPN commentator. He does, however, worry about getting bored.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12