Red roundup: Utes find Pac-12 membership a huge aid in recruiting
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told ESPN.com's Ted Miller that "without a doubt" the Utes benefitted from Pac-12 membership in recruiting. He said they "were able to get in on several players that we would have had no chance of getting in on without the affiliation."
— A Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist had kind things to say about BYU assistant Dave Rice. Could he be a candidate to replace Jim Boylen, if Utah decides to make a head coaching change?
— Ex-Ute Andrew Bogut told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel there is nothing to report on after the Bucks held a players only meeting at the team hotel in Memphis.
—Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at the relationship between new San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and former Utah quarterback Alex Smith. They may end up working together if nothing develops elsewhere for Smith in the offseason.
— And finally, ex-Ute coach Urban Meyer is settling into his new lifestyle as an ESPN commentator. He does, however, worry about getting bored.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Pure joy: Special needs students vie for the...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail without a...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12