Red roundup: Utes find Pac-12 membership a huge aid in recruiting
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham told ESPN.com's Ted Miller that "without a doubt" the Utes benefitted from Pac-12 membership in recruiting. He said they "were able to get in on several players that we would have had no chance of getting in on without the affiliation."
— A Las Vegas Review-Journal columnist had kind things to say about BYU assistant Dave Rice. Could he be a candidate to replace Jim Boylen, if Utah decides to make a head coaching change?
— Ex-Ute Andrew Bogut told the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel there is nothing to report on after the Bucks held a players only meeting at the team hotel in Memphis.
—Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee takes a look at the relationship between new San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh and former Utah quarterback Alex Smith. They may end up working together if nothing develops elsewhere for Smith in the offseason.
— And finally, ex-Ute coach Urban Meyer is settling into his new lifestyle as an ESPN commentator. He does, however, worry about getting bored.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13