BYU fired on all cylinders in what was billed as a potentially difficult road outing, and tore apart the Falcons, 90-52, on Wednesday night. Here's how BYU's players graded over 40 minutes inside the sold-out Clune Arena:
Jimmer Fredette: The guy that Michelle Peralta thinks BYU students should stop talking about was his usual player-of-the-year-candidate self. He finished with 25 points, five assists, four rebounds and three steals to lead the Cougs. Fredette uncharacteristically finished with six turnovers, leaving him short of an A grade. Grade: A-.
Jackson Emery: His shooting touch is continuing to come back. After a decent opening 20 minutes, Emery started draining baskets in the second half to finish with 17 points on 6-of-12 shooting. Ever the multi-faceted contributor, he also had five assists and two steals. Grade: A-.
Charles Abouo: Only Cougar starter that didn't play really well. Abouo, starting in place of injured freshman Kyle Collinsworth, didn't shoot the ball well, but contributed in other ways. He ended up with seven points, four rebounds and two assists. Grade: B-.
Noah Hartsock: Hartsock had his second consecutive solid outing. He was the star role player for BYU, as the Mtn. commentator Joe Cravens called him. His defense was solid and he added some points (seven), rebounds (seven) and blocks (three). Grade: B+.
Brandon Davies: BYU's talented sophomore center had a stellar evening for the Cougars. He finished with 13 points on 5-for-5 shooting and had eight rebounds and six assists. Grade: A-.
Stephen Rogers: Drained three consecutive 3-pointers during a BYU run in the first half and continued to show signs of becoming an important player for the Cougars — both down the stretch this year and beyond. Grade: B+.
Logan Magnusson: Answered the bell off the bench by contributing in a number of ways to help the Cougars. The senior captain had seven rebounds to compliment six points. Grade: B+.
Brock Zylstra: Ended up getting eight minutes off the bench and scored four points. Grade: B.
Nick Martineau: Came off the bench to spell Fredette for a few moments in the first half, but he didn't get off the bench again until after the game had been decided. Grade: Incomplete.
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date with...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL president...
- Brad Rock: Utes have Duked it out with big...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- No. 5 Runnin' Utes go cold from the... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21