A city recorder's report shows that no legal complaints regarding the bond election were filed during that time frame.
Nadesan, who represents the Jordan River Restoration Network, said he believes the city's use of the Utah Bond Validation Act put his clients at a disadvantage because it allowed for an expedited hearing. That prevented his legal team from conducting discovery and depositions, as well as requesting and receiving documents from the city, he said.
At the start of Wednesday's hearing, Nadesan argued that Salt Lake City residents and property owners didn't receive proper notice from the city that they were defendants in the lawsuit. Judge Hilder determined that enough notice was given, and the hearing was allowed to proceed.
No matter what ruling Hilder hands down, Nadesan said he expects the issue ultimately will be decided by the Utah Supreme Court.
"The Utah Supreme Court is going to have to weigh in and decide whether the procedure today was appropriate and whether proper notice and procedure was followed," he said.
City leaders held a groundbreaking ceremony in early November for the $22.8 million first phase of the Salt Lake Regional Athletic Complex.
City officials plan to use the $15.3 million bond and a $7.5 million gift from Real Salt Lake to fund construction of 15 competition-quality soccer fields and one championship field with permanent bleachers and lights.
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- Woman forgives ex-boyfriend for shooting her,...
- Daylight saving time: Should it stay or...
- Report: Some Utah babies more at risk of...
- Compost fire in South Salt Lake closes roads,...
- American Fork teen drowning victim identified
- Utahns' satisfaction with downtown Salt Lake...
- Utah to appeal same-sex marriage ruling... 62
- Same-sex marriage advocates to deliver... 44
- 83% of Utahns say Congress needs to act... 44
- Rep. Chaffetz keeps Romney for... 41
- Mia Love labeled 'surefire winner' by... 34
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas... 30
- Daylight saving time: Should it stay or... 26
- Officer who killed family had dark... 24