John Bazemore, Associated Press
It'll be an extra super Sunday for Ex-Ute Stevenson Sylvester. The Pittsburgh Steelers rookie is profiled by his hometown Las Vegas Review-Journal, who caught up with one of Sly's high school coaches.
— Utah alum Chris Kemoeatu is the only remaining starter on the offensive line from the Steelers' Super Bowl championship team in 2009.
— A sports site Down Under laments the fact that former Ute Andrew Bogut has once again come up short in his bid to become Australia's first NBA All-Star.
— ESPN The Magazine's Kevin Collier includes ex-Utah coach Ron McBride in an article exmaining the prominent role of fax machines in college football recruiting. In 1999, Van Brown, the younger brother of three-time Pro Bowl linebacker Chad Brown, was undecided and sent letters-of-intent to both Oregon and Utah. The Ducks, however, got their copy first.
— And finally, Utah alum Zane Taylor made a good impression earlier in the week at the NFLPA Game practice in Texas.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22