"Any kind of tragedy, if we look at it the right way, is always meant to be a positive learning experience," he said.
Over the years, Wells said he has learned that a lot of what happens in everyday life does not really matter in the grand scheme of things.
"We worry about a lot more things than we should," he said.
Other stories in the book tell about a woman who lost all four of her children; a man whose wife died just 12 hours after their wedding; a man struggling through post-traumatic stress disorder; and others who all were able to find the strength to get through their individual tragedies.
"With all the variety of experiences that are in this book, I think it has the potential to reach out and help a lot of people," Wells said.
At the end of each story is a section called "Behind the Story" where Davis talks about how she got in contact with the contributor.
In addition to "The Triumph Book," which can be purchased online at www.thetriumphbook.com, Davis also created a bereavement program called The Triumph Program. The program helps people to write their own stories, find purpose in their experiences and inspire others. Another version of the program will soon be available that focuses on overcoming post-traumatic stress disorder.
Davis is currently working on a second book titled "The Triumph Book: HEROES," containing stories from veterans spanning from World War II through the present day. The book is scheduled to be released this summer.
- Wright Words: Despite horrific fire, Mormon...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- ‘Blood moon’ sets off apocalyptic...
- Passover, a holiday for all, starts with a...
- LDS Church releases YouTube video as part of...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has ‘no...
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should I...
- Obama: Religious intolerance has... 67
- Ask Angela: With so few choices, should... 65
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- In our opinion: The Ten Commandments in... 49
- Gospel about Jesus' wife likely an... 45
- LDS Church releases YouTube video as... 22
- Passover, a holiday for all, starts... 18
- LDS Church meetings held every day of... 17