Red roundup: Unconventional paths for mission-bound recruits
Beau Reilly, the younger brother of Utah defensive end Trevor Reilly, is profiled in a North County Times (Calif.) story about his decision to serve an LDS Church mission and how it has impacted his recruitment. Beau led Valley Center High School to the CIF San Diego Section Division IV championship game as a senior. He plans to sign with Colorado State on Wednesday.
* It's the eve of National Signing Day and Pac-12 teams are working hard to get late commitments. ESPN.com's Ted Miller has put together a recruiting update that includes Utah's commitment from East Los Angeles wide receiver Anthony Denham.
* The Palm Beach Post in Florida reports on former Utah coach Urban Meyer's busy schedule with ESPN.
* Ex-Ute Chris Kemoeatu of the Pittsburgh Steelers tells Sports Illustrated that he loves embattled quarterback Ben Roethislberger "like a brother."
* And finally, the UCLA school paper spoke with five-star recruit quarterback Brett Hundley about his decision to sign with the Bruins and enroll early. The 17-year-old has a couple of comments about Norm Chow's departure to Utah.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- BYU running back Adam Hine enjoying Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 36
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25