SANDY — Sporting goods retailer Scheels is breaking ground on a new store to be located near 11400 South and State Street in Sandy. The new location could employ up to 450 workers.
The development, to be named One Fourteen, will begin construction this month and will be a collection of entertainment venues, specialty shops and boutiques staffed by experts in their particular fields, a news release stated.
When completed, the 220,000 square foot development will house Utah’s largest selection of sports, sportswear and footwear under one roof.
Based in Fargo, N.D., Scheels currently operates 23 stores in eight states including North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Nevada, with new stores planned for Illinois and Utah.
The company, founded as a general merchandise store in 1902 by Frederick A. Scheel in Sabin, Minn., is privately held and employee-owned.
— Jasen Lee
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 114
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20