SANDY — Sporting goods retailer Scheels is breaking ground on a new store to be located near 11400 South and State Street in Sandy. The new location could employ up to 450 workers.
The development, to be named One Fourteen, will begin construction this month and will be a collection of entertainment venues, specialty shops and boutiques staffed by experts in their particular fields, a news release stated.
When completed, the 220,000 square foot development will house Utah’s largest selection of sports, sportswear and footwear under one roof.
Based in Fargo, N.D., Scheels currently operates 23 stores in eight states including North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Nevada, with new stores planned for Illinois and Utah.
The company, founded as a general merchandise store in 1902 by Frederick A. Scheel in Sabin, Minn., is privately held and employee-owned.
— Jasen Lee
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21