SANDY — Sporting goods retailer Scheels is breaking ground on a new store to be located near 11400 South and State Street in Sandy. The new location could employ up to 450 workers.
The development, to be named One Fourteen, will begin construction this month and will be a collection of entertainment venues, specialty shops and boutiques staffed by experts in their particular fields, a news release stated.
When completed, the 220,000 square foot development will house Utah’s largest selection of sports, sportswear and footwear under one roof.
Based in Fargo, N.D., Scheels currently operates 23 stores in eight states including North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Nevada, with new stores planned for Illinois and Utah.
The company, founded as a general merchandise store in 1902 by Frederick A. Scheel in Sabin, Minn., is privately held and employee-owned.
— Jasen Lee
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Motley Crue concert delayed about two hours...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 135
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 90
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 76
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35