SANDY — Sporting goods retailer Scheels is breaking ground on a new store to be located near 11400 South and State Street in Sandy. The new location could employ up to 450 workers.
The development, to be named One Fourteen, will begin construction this month and will be a collection of entertainment venues, specialty shops and boutiques staffed by experts in their particular fields, a news release stated.
When completed, the 220,000 square foot development will house Utah’s largest selection of sports, sportswear and footwear under one roof.
Based in Fargo, N.D., Scheels currently operates 23 stores in eight states including North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Nevada, with new stores planned for Illinois and Utah.
The company, founded as a general merchandise store in 1902 by Frederick A. Scheel in Sabin, Minn., is privately held and employee-owned.
— Jasen Lee
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 25
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13