SANDY — Sporting goods retailer Scheels is breaking ground on a new store to be located near 11400 South and State Street in Sandy. The new location could employ up to 450 workers.
The development, to be named One Fourteen, will begin construction this month and will be a collection of entertainment venues, specialty shops and boutiques staffed by experts in their particular fields, a news release stated.
When completed, the 220,000 square foot development will house Utah’s largest selection of sports, sportswear and footwear under one roof.
Based in Fargo, N.D., Scheels currently operates 23 stores in eight states including North Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, Montana, Wisconsin, Nebraska and Nevada, with new stores planned for Illinois and Utah.
The company, founded as a general merchandise store in 1902 by Frederick A. Scheel in Sabin, Minn., is privately held and employee-owned.
— Jasen Lee
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8