Jim Rome just had Jimmer Fredette as a guest on his radio show. Fredette talked about BYU's loss to New Mexico on Saturday, the team's huge victory over San Diego State earlier in the week and shared his thoughts on how he thinks he'll translate in the NBA. He also talked about the support he's getting from NBA superstars.
Fredette mentioned that "The Pit" is one of his favorite places to play because of how passionate the fans are and how tough it is to win there. So tough that he has only won once there in his collegiate career. Fredette added that the New Mexico loss came about because it was a "little bit of a trap game".
With all of the attention Fredette is receiving, he is staying humble.
"The biggest thing is to not let it get to your head and never stay satisfied," He told Rome.
Fredette also told Rome it turned out to be a great decision to stay for his senior season.
"Its been the best year of my life," said Fredette.
Fredette discussed his older brother TJ pursuing a career as a Hip Hop and Rap artist. You can listen to the full eight minute interview here.
Mike Whitelock is an author and sports writer.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44