Jim Rome just had Jimmer Fredette as a guest on his radio show. Fredette talked about BYU's loss to New Mexico on Saturday, the team's huge victory over San Diego State earlier in the week and shared his thoughts on how he thinks he'll translate in the NBA. He also talked about the support he's getting from NBA superstars.
Fredette mentioned that "The Pit" is one of his favorite places to play because of how passionate the fans are and how tough it is to win there. So tough that he has only won once there in his collegiate career. Fredette added that the New Mexico loss came about because it was a "little bit of a trap game".
With all of the attention Fredette is receiving, he is staying humble.
"The biggest thing is to not let it get to your head and never stay satisfied," He told Rome.
Fredette also told Rome it turned out to be a great decision to stay for his senior season.
"Its been the best year of my life," said Fredette.
Fredette discussed his older brother TJ pursuing a career as a Hip Hop and Rap artist. You can listen to the full eight minute interview here.
Mike Whitelock is an author and sports writer.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 123
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 62
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29