PROVO -- Nationally, it is all the rage.
No, we're not talking about Jimmer Fredette's name or game.
We're talking about a beard. No, Jimmer can't have a beard (that would be an honor code violation). It's the beard of former BYU defensive lineman Brett Keisel. The New Jersey Star-Ledger says Keisel's beard was the only interesting thing at Tuesday's Super Bowl media day, calling the beard "part Grizzly Adams, part ZZ Top."
Not that BYU basketball and Jimmermania has cooled off.
The Chicago Tribune looks at the national player of the year race while CBS Sports' Gary Parrish talks about the 32 points Fredette scored in a loss at New Mexico. WBIR in Knoxville, Tenn., says Jimmer has reached cult status.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 22
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21