PROVO -- Nationally, it is all the rage.
No, we're not talking about Jimmer Fredette's name or game.
We're talking about a beard. No, Jimmer can't have a beard (that would be an honor code violation). It's the beard of former BYU defensive lineman Brett Keisel. The New Jersey Star-Ledger says Keisel's beard was the only interesting thing at Tuesday's Super Bowl media day, calling the beard "part Grizzly Adams, part ZZ Top."
Not that BYU basketball and Jimmermania has cooled off.
The Chicago Tribune looks at the national player of the year race while CBS Sports' Gary Parrish talks about the 32 points Fredette scored in a loss at New Mexico. WBIR in Knoxville, Tenn., says Jimmer has reached cult status.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48