Husband, daughter speak out about slaying of South Salt Lake book dealer Sherry Black
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — The husband and daughter of slain South Salt Lake book dealer Sherry Black spoke publicly Monday for the first time since her death in a recorded interview released to media outlets.
Earl Black had little to say about his wife's killer.
"About all you can do is let God sort him out," he said. "I'm not going to waste my life on him."
Heidi Miller found it hard as well to express her feelings about whoever stabbed and beat her mother to death Nov. 30 at the family's business, B&W Billiards and Books, 3466 S. 700 East.
"Anybody that could do that, do something as brutal as they did to my mom, there's nothing I could say that would mean anything to them," she said. "I'm actually sad for him."
Sherry Black, 64, was the mother-in-law of Larry H. Miller Group CEO Greg Miller. Police say they do not have a motive or suspect in her killing.
Earl Black said the family plans to close his wife's business, which dealt mostly in rare LDS books.
"We do plan to sell the books, but we're not going to have a fire sale," he said.
The interview was released as the family pushes to keep the case in the public eye. They have put up a billboard on the 600 South offramp in downtown Salt Lake City, started a website to solicit tips and had the case featured on the "America's Most Wanted website.
A candlelight vigil is planned Thursday at the bookstore at 7 p.m.
Anyone with information can also call 1-800-CRIME-TV or South Salt Lake police at 801-412-3633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Boston-bound airline pilot from West Jordan...
- LDS Church names Elder Clayton new senior...
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason polygamy...
- SUU flight instructors die in plane crash...
- Farr West woman found dead in home, foul play...
- Vernal man charged after 2 bizarre burglaries...
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version 2.0,...
- BYU student injured in bounce house accident...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 55
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 39
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 31
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 23
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 21
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 16
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14