Husband, daughter speak out about slaying of South Salt Lake book dealer Sherry Black
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SOUTH SALT LAKE — The husband and daughter of slain South Salt Lake book dealer Sherry Black spoke publicly Monday for the first time since her death in a recorded interview released to media outlets.
Earl Black had little to say about his wife's killer.
"About all you can do is let God sort him out," he said. "I'm not going to waste my life on him."
Heidi Miller found it hard as well to express her feelings about whoever stabbed and beat her mother to death Nov. 30 at the family's business, B&W Billiards and Books, 3466 S. 700 East.
"Anybody that could do that, do something as brutal as they did to my mom, there's nothing I could say that would mean anything to them," she said. "I'm actually sad for him."
Sherry Black, 64, was the mother-in-law of Larry H. Miller Group CEO Greg Miller. Police say they do not have a motive or suspect in her killing.
Earl Black said the family plans to close his wife's business, which dealt mostly in rare LDS books.
"We do plan to sell the books, but we're not going to have a fire sale," he said.
The interview was released as the family pushes to keep the case in the public eye. They have put up a billboard on the 600 South offramp in downtown Salt Lake City, started a website to solicit tips and had the case featured on the "America's Most Wanted website.
A candlelight vigil is planned Thursday at the bookstore at 7 p.m.
Anyone with information can also call 1-800-CRIME-TV or South Salt Lake police at 801-412-3633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- 107 years of Grace: Cedar City resident still...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Police: Draper man stole mail from more than...
- Police identify body found on Ben Lomond...
- 200 gather at Utah Capitol in support... 48
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 35
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 30
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 22
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Man fighting for custody of daughter... 16
- Utah GOP, state appear headed to court... 12
- A new approach: What the poor can teach... 8