Red roundup: Will Andrew Bogut finally be an NBA All-Star?
SALT LAKE CITY — Former Utah star Andrew Bogut, who was the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 NBA draft, has yet to make an all-star team.
"It seems like something always happens," Bogut tells the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
As such, he's not expecting to be chosen when the Eastern Conference reserves are named on Thursday. Bogut, who was on the All-NBA Third Team last season, is averaging 11.7 rebounds and a league-best 2.84 blocks per game.
* U. alum Alex Smith may not be finished with the San Francisco 49ers. New coach Jim Harbaugh has good things to say about the much maligned quarterback.
* Ex-Ute Chris Kemoeatu of the Pittsburgh Steelers will be the only regular on the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive line in Sunday's Super Bowl against the Green Bay Packers. Pittsburgh's other four projected starters were either backups or not on the roster when training camp opened.
* ESPN.com's Ted Miller has a weekend recruiting update for the Pac-12. Milelr reports that Utah lost out on a lineman to Oregon State.
And finally, a couple of photos to check out — ex-Ute Zane Beadles and some of his Denver Broncos teammates recently spent time in Aspen, Colo., to watch the Winter X Games, and the Las Vegas Sun has a picture of Stevenson Sylvester's mother and two of her other children decked out in Steelers gear for the big game.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48