Tom Smart, Deseret News/KSL Chopper 5
MIDWAY — A barn in Midway went up in flames Friday afternoon at the same time as a fire on the roof of a house was demanding firefighters attention.
"The barn was a complete loss and everything inside it," said Wasatch Fire public information officer Jared Rigby. The barn is at 96 S. 500 East. There are houses on either side. One was singed, but neither caught fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation but may be linked to a running snowmobile. Four-wheelers and several trailers were inside the barn. All were destroyed, but no animals were in the barn and no people were injured, Rigby said.
The house fire at the same time likely started from fireplace embers that landed on a roof at 321 Interlaken Drive. Damage was minimal, Rigby said. "So the crews were running between two separate fires. They got (the house fire) out pretty quick and got back to help with the first one.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19