Tom Smart, Deseret News/KSL Chopper 5
MIDWAY — A barn in Midway went up in flames Friday afternoon at the same time as a fire on the roof of a house was demanding firefighters attention.
"The barn was a complete loss and everything inside it," said Wasatch Fire public information officer Jared Rigby. The barn is at 96 S. 500 East. There are houses on either side. One was singed, but neither caught fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation but may be linked to a running snowmobile. Four-wheelers and several trailers were inside the barn. All were destroyed, but no animals were in the barn and no people were injured, Rigby said.
The house fire at the same time likely started from fireplace embers that landed on a roof at 321 Interlaken Drive. Damage was minimal, Rigby said. "So the crews were running between two separate fires. They got (the house fire) out pretty quick and got back to help with the first one.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21