Award-winning author Nancy Campbell Allen has released the second installment in her Isabelle Webb adventures, “The Pharaoh’s Daughter,” this month. This adventure follows Isabelle, former Pinkerton spy, as she launches into a dynamic struggle to protect the people she loves.
Following the abduction of young Sally Rhodes and Alice Bilbey in India, Isabelle is determined to recover the girls and return them to safety. With the help of dashing brothers James and Phillip Ashby, Isabelle trails the girls to Egypt where they are all embraced by a matron from Isabelle’s past.
Unaware that their nemesis, Thaddeus Sparks, is watching from the shadows, the group reunites and embarks on a venture to discover secrets along the Nile. Intent on exploring the world of ancient Egypt, the eclectic company teams up on a journey into the world of the past.
Phillip and Alice each experience painful side effects from the mysterious Jewel of Zeus, which James now secretly guards. Thaddeus, now partnered with the malevolent group the Federation, wants nothing more than to obtain the Jewel of Zeus for himself. He will go to any means necessary to claim it.
While excavating a cave supposedly housing the remains of a pharaoh’s disgraced daughter, Isabelle must protect her young wards from new dangers and search out treasures that could change the world forever.
Allen has long been fascinated with the Egyptology craze of the late nineteenth century and found it a pleasure to place her characters within that setting. Her historical research breathes a life into the story that draws the reader into the world of ancient Egypt.
“The Pharaoh’s Daughter” is an intriguing book. Allen has created in Isabelle Webb a character that is strong and independent while still retaining a gentle and compassionate nature. The Ashby brothers add an additional depth to the tale through their valor, but it really is Isabelle that shines in the text.
Allen has produced yet another work her readers will excitedly delve into and devour.
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children who lives in West Valley City, Utah. You can e-mail her at email@example.com or follow her adventures in motherhood at demouxfamily.blogspot.com.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22