BYU roundup: Outlets still buzzing about Jimmer Fredette
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
BYU's Jimmer Fredette remains ubiquitous on the Internet, television and radio. Everywhere else you turn, at the water cooler, at the grocery store and at church, everyone is talking about Jimmer.
Here's a sampling of what media outlets are saying about Jimmer today.
The Kansas City Star examines how Kansas State's Jacob Pullen was able to slow down Fredette in last year's NCAA Tournament game. Time's Newsfeed examines the Jimmer phenomenon in this story, calling him "Basketball's First Twitter Legend."
People seem to be obsessed with comparing Fredette to other players like Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Mark Price, "Pistol" Pete Maravich, Wally Szczerbiak, J.J. Reddick, Adam Morrison and Stephen Curry. A reporter for the Arizona Republic says Fredette's scoring is reminiscent of former Arizona State star Eddie House.
And, finally, the International Business Times asks if Fredette is the next "Great White Hope" for the NBA.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48