BYU roundup: Outlets still buzzing about Jimmer Fredette
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
BYU's Jimmer Fredette remains ubiquitous on the Internet, television and radio. Everywhere else you turn, at the water cooler, at the grocery store and at church, everyone is talking about Jimmer.
Here's a sampling of what media outlets are saying about Jimmer today.
The Kansas City Star examines how Kansas State's Jacob Pullen was able to slow down Fredette in last year's NCAA Tournament game. Time's Newsfeed examines the Jimmer phenomenon in this story, calling him "Basketball's First Twitter Legend."
People seem to be obsessed with comparing Fredette to other players like Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Mark Price, "Pistol" Pete Maravich, Wally Szczerbiak, J.J. Reddick, Adam Morrison and Stephen Curry. A reporter for the Arizona Republic says Fredette's scoring is reminiscent of former Arizona State star Eddie House.
And, finally, the International Business Times asks if Fredette is the next "Great White Hope" for the NBA.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21