BYU roundup: Outlets still buzzing about Jimmer Fredette
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
BYU's Jimmer Fredette remains ubiquitous on the Internet, television and radio. Everywhere else you turn, at the water cooler, at the grocery store and at church, everyone is talking about Jimmer.
Here's a sampling of what media outlets are saying about Jimmer today.
The Kansas City Star examines how Kansas State's Jacob Pullen was able to slow down Fredette in last year's NCAA Tournament game. Time's Newsfeed examines the Jimmer phenomenon in this story, calling him "Basketball's First Twitter Legend."
People seem to be obsessed with comparing Fredette to other players like Steve Nash, Deron Williams, Mark Price, "Pistol" Pete Maravich, Wally Szczerbiak, J.J. Reddick, Adam Morrison and Stephen Curry. A reporter for the Arizona Republic says Fredette's scoring is reminiscent of former Arizona State star Eddie House.
And, finally, the International Business Times asks if Fredette is the next "Great White Hope" for the NBA.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32