Red roundup: ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson pays homage to Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson gives some parting observations on the Utes as they move to the Pac-12 from the non-AQ beat she covers.
Adelson's early prediction for Utah is a 9-3 record next season, projecting losses to USC and Arizona in conference play and BYU outside of it. The Utes went 10-3 overall in 2010, including a 7-1 mark in their final Mountain West Conference campaign.
Former Ute Chris Kemoeatu of the Super Bowl-bound Pittsburgh Steelers isn't a medical doctor, but just seems to be playing one before the big game, offering insights on the high ankle sprain suffered by teammate Maurkice Pouncey.
The Orlando Sentinel notes that prized recruit Anthony Denham, a 6-foot-6 receiver from East Los Angeles College, will make Central Florida his final stop before signing day. He's already made an official visit to Utah as well as Cincinnati, Mississippi and Washington.
A story on CBSSports.com suggests that former Utah receiver Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers may want to be traded as the team tries to rebuild under new head coach Ron Rivera.
Finally, the Hawaii Star-Advertiser reports that former Ute guard Jace Tavita has helped Hawaii prepare for Utah State.
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- High school football: Ben Lomond Scots 2015...
- Star Lotulelei carted off at Carolina...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16