Red roundup: ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson pays homage to Utes
Tom Smart, Deseret News
ESPN.com's Andrea Adelson gives some parting observations on the Utes as they move to the Pac-12 from the non-AQ beat she covers.
Adelson's early prediction for Utah is a 9-3 record next season, projecting losses to USC and Arizona in conference play and BYU outside of it. The Utes went 10-3 overall in 2010, including a 7-1 mark in their final Mountain West Conference campaign.
Former Ute Chris Kemoeatu of the Super Bowl-bound Pittsburgh Steelers isn't a medical doctor, but just seems to be playing one before the big game, offering insights on the high ankle sprain suffered by teammate Maurkice Pouncey.
The Orlando Sentinel notes that prized recruit Anthony Denham, a 6-foot-6 receiver from East Los Angeles College, will make Central Florida his final stop before signing day. He's already made an official visit to Utah as well as Cincinnati, Mississippi and Washington.
A story on CBSSports.com suggests that former Utah receiver Steve Smith of the Carolina Panthers may want to be traded as the team tries to rebuild under new head coach Ron Rivera.
Finally, the Hawaii Star-Advertiser reports that former Ute guard Jace Tavita has helped Hawaii prepare for Utah State.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42