High school basketball: Wasatch Academy, Liahona Academy win ahead of their Region 18 showdown
MOUNT PLEASANT — Wednesday, both Liahona Academy and Wasatch Academy did what they were supposed to do in Region 18 action.
Wasatch Academy jumped out to a 25-2 first quarter lead over Tintic and cruised to a 77-27 victory.
"Our second unit did a great job of extending the lead," said athletic director Tyler Kennedy.
Taran Taylor and Travis Green each scored 10 points for Tintic.
At Liahona, Brayden Facemyer recorded his second straight triple-double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in leading the Warriors to a 79-28 victory over Wendover. For good measure, he added six steals and six blocks.
Wasatch Academy and Liahona meet Friday night in Mt. Pleasant. Both are undefeated in Region 18 play and ranked first and second in the state.
Kevin spent seven years early in his career as a community newspaper editor. He is an avid 1A basketball fan and the father of Liahona basketball coach Jeremy Long. E-mail: email@example.com
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45