High school basketball: Wasatch Academy, Liahona Academy win ahead of their Region 18 showdown
MOUNT PLEASANT — Wednesday, both Liahona Academy and Wasatch Academy did what they were supposed to do in Region 18 action.
Wasatch Academy jumped out to a 25-2 first quarter lead over Tintic and cruised to a 77-27 victory.
"Our second unit did a great job of extending the lead," said athletic director Tyler Kennedy.
Taran Taylor and Travis Green each scored 10 points for Tintic.
At Liahona, Brayden Facemyer recorded his second straight triple-double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in leading the Warriors to a 79-28 victory over Wendover. For good measure, he added six steals and six blocks.
Wasatch Academy and Liahona meet Friday night in Mt. Pleasant. Both are undefeated in Region 18 play and ranked first and second in the state.
Kevin spent seven years early in his career as a community newspaper editor. He is an avid 1A basketball fan and the father of Liahona basketball coach Jeremy Long. E-mail: email@example.com
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 92
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26