High school basketball: Wasatch Academy, Liahona Academy win ahead of their Region 18 showdown
MOUNT PLEASANT — Wednesday, both Liahona Academy and Wasatch Academy did what they were supposed to do in Region 18 action.
Wasatch Academy jumped out to a 25-2 first quarter lead over Tintic and cruised to a 77-27 victory.
"Our second unit did a great job of extending the lead," said athletic director Tyler Kennedy.
Taran Taylor and Travis Green each scored 10 points for Tintic.
At Liahona, Brayden Facemyer recorded his second straight triple-double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in leading the Warriors to a 79-28 victory over Wendover. For good measure, he added six steals and six blocks.
Wasatch Academy and Liahona meet Friday night in Mt. Pleasant. Both are undefeated in Region 18 play and ranked first and second in the state.
Kevin spent seven years early in his career as a community newspaper editor. He is an avid 1A basketball fan and the father of Liahona basketball coach Jeremy Long. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34