High school basketball: Wasatch Academy, Liahona Academy win ahead of their Region 18 showdown
MOUNT PLEASANT — Wednesday, both Liahona Academy and Wasatch Academy did what they were supposed to do in Region 18 action.
Wasatch Academy jumped out to a 25-2 first quarter lead over Tintic and cruised to a 77-27 victory.
"Our second unit did a great job of extending the lead," said athletic director Tyler Kennedy.
Taran Taylor and Travis Green each scored 10 points for Tintic.
At Liahona, Brayden Facemyer recorded his second straight triple-double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in leading the Warriors to a 79-28 victory over Wendover. For good measure, he added six steals and six blocks.
Wasatch Academy and Liahona meet Friday night in Mt. Pleasant. Both are undefeated in Region 18 play and ranked first and second in the state.
Kevin spent seven years early in his career as a community newspaper editor. He is an avid 1A basketball fan and the father of Liahona basketball coach Jeremy Long. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 94
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 25
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21