High school basketball: Wasatch Academy, Liahona Academy win ahead of their Region 18 showdown
MOUNT PLEASANT — Wednesday, both Liahona Academy and Wasatch Academy did what they were supposed to do in Region 18 action.
Wasatch Academy jumped out to a 25-2 first quarter lead over Tintic and cruised to a 77-27 victory.
"Our second unit did a great job of extending the lead," said athletic director Tyler Kennedy.
Taran Taylor and Travis Green each scored 10 points for Tintic.
At Liahona, Brayden Facemyer recorded his second straight triple-double with 19 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists in leading the Warriors to a 79-28 victory over Wendover. For good measure, he added six steals and six blocks.
Wasatch Academy and Liahona meet Friday night in Mt. Pleasant. Both are undefeated in Region 18 play and ranked first and second in the state.
Kevin spent seven years early in his career as a community newspaper editor. He is an avid 1A basketball fan and the father of Liahona basketball coach Jeremy Long. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19