Red roundup: For former Ute Sylvester, from Sugar Bowl to Super Bowl
Former Ute linebacker Stevenson Sylvester has accomplished a lot in his short football career.
Two years after helping Utah defeat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, Sylvester's headed to the Super Bowl with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Las Vegas Sun caught up with the Nevada product as he prepares for the big game.
In other Super Bowl news, U. alum Chris Kemoeatu is credited with breaking the news that Pittsburgh teammate Maurkice Pouncey will not play against Green Bay because of an ankle injury.
On the recruiting front, ESPN.com's Corey Long takes a look at Pac-12 football and expects Utah to secure a pair of highly touted recruits from Rancho Verde High School in Moreno Valley, Calif. — cornerback Ryan Henderson and four-star tight end Junior Pomee.
Ex-Ute Andre Miller is mentioned prominently in a Cleveland.com story about the Cavaliers' recent NBA draft history. Miller, who was eventually traded to the Los Angeles Clippers, was one of the few bright spots.
And finally, a story from earlier in the week detailing how former Utah quarterbacks coach Dan Mullen was "recruited" to become the head coach at Mississippi State by his wife Megan, who used to work at Fox 13 in Salt Lake City.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 61
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 23
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 20