Red roundup: For former Ute Sylvester, from Sugar Bowl to Super Bowl
Former Ute linebacker Stevenson Sylvester has accomplished a lot in his short football career.
Two years after helping Utah defeat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, Sylvester's headed to the Super Bowl with the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Las Vegas Sun caught up with the Nevada product as he prepares for the big game.
In other Super Bowl news, U. alum Chris Kemoeatu is credited with breaking the news that Pittsburgh teammate Maurkice Pouncey will not play against Green Bay because of an ankle injury.
On the recruiting front, ESPN.com's Corey Long takes a look at Pac-12 football and expects Utah to secure a pair of highly touted recruits from Rancho Verde High School in Moreno Valley, Calif. — cornerback Ryan Henderson and four-star tight end Junior Pomee.
Ex-Ute Andre Miller is mentioned prominently in a Cleveland.com story about the Cavaliers' recent NBA draft history. Miller, who was eventually traded to the Los Angeles Clippers, was one of the few bright spots.
And finally, a story from earlier in the week detailing how former Utah quarterbacks coach Dan Mullen was "recruited" to become the head coach at Mississippi State by his wife Megan, who used to work at Fox 13 in Salt Lake City.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24