HOLLADAY — Police are asking for help to locate two boys who went missing after lunch recess at Spring Lane Elementary School on Wednesday.
Eleven-year-old Luke McCalib and 10-year-old Damon Sorenson, both 5th-graders at the school, were last seen around 1:30 p.m. at the Hidden Meadows Apartments, near 1700 East and 5000 South, where McCalib lives.
A teacher had noticed the boys didn't return from recess and immediately contacted administrators, according to the Granite School District police and Salt Lake County's Unified Police Department, which issued a public notice late Wednesday. Officials, along with the boys' parents, have been searching for them ever since.
According to the notice, police have obtained evidence that suggests the boys intended to run away from home and police don't believe the boys were abducted or are missing under any other suspicious circumstances.
Individuals who may have information on the boys' whereabouts, is asked to contact the GSD police at 801-481-7122 or UPD at 801-743-7000.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8