HOLLADAY — Police are asking for help to locate two boys who went missing after lunch recess at Spring Lane Elementary School on Wednesday.
Eleven-year-old Luke McCalib and 10-year-old Damon Sorenson, both 5th-graders at the school, were last seen around 1:30 p.m. at the Hidden Meadows Apartments, near 1700 East and 5000 South, where McCalib lives.
A teacher had noticed the boys didn't return from recess and immediately contacted administrators, according to the Granite School District police and Salt Lake County's Unified Police Department, which issued a public notice late Wednesday. Officials, along with the boys' parents, have been searching for them ever since.
According to the notice, police have obtained evidence that suggests the boys intended to run away from home and police don't believe the boys were abducted or are missing under any other suspicious circumstances.
Individuals who may have information on the boys' whereabouts, is asked to contact the GSD police at 801-481-7122 or UPD at 801-743-7000.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Take a breather: 5 memorable ways to pamper...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Man found shot to death in Cottonwood Heights...
- Splash pad in N. Salt Lake’s Legacy...
- Panel seeks submissions for West Bountiful...
- Mapleton to discuss proposed road fee on June 15
- GOED board OKs grants to help 8 rural businesses
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 113
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 18
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8