HOLLADAY — Police are asking for help to locate two boys who went missing after lunch recess at Spring Lane Elementary School on Wednesday.
Eleven-year-old Luke McCalib and 10-year-old Damon Sorenson, both 5th-graders at the school, were last seen around 1:30 p.m. at the Hidden Meadows Apartments, near 1700 East and 5000 South, where McCalib lives.
A teacher had noticed the boys didn't return from recess and immediately contacted administrators, according to the Granite School District police and Salt Lake County's Unified Police Department, which issued a public notice late Wednesday. Officials, along with the boys' parents, have been searching for them ever since.
According to the notice, police have obtained evidence that suggests the boys intended to run away from home and police don't believe the boys were abducted or are missing under any other suspicious circumstances.
Individuals who may have information on the boys' whereabouts, is asked to contact the GSD police at 801-481-7122 or UPD at 801-743-7000.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 34
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 31
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22
- Government regulation has become like... 22