What if? It's a question that's often asked about Alex Smith.
Gary Peterson of the San Jose Mercury News takes a closer look at Mel Kiper Jr.'s assertion of how things would have turned out if the former Utah quarterback and Super Bowl-bound Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers had swapped draft positions in 2005. Smith went No. 1 overall to the San Francisco 49ers, who opted to pass on Rodgers, who quarterbacked at nearby California.
In other news:
Ex-Utah coach Rick Majerus opts to redshirt a star player at St. Louis and notes a path similar to that of Andre Miller.
Former Ute Chris Kemoeatu, who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is gathering with his offensive linemates on Thursday night for a little extra film study in preparation for the Super Bowl.
ESPN.com's Rich Cimini spoke with ex-Ute Sione Pouha of the New York Jets about Ben Roethlisberger's final completion in the AFC Championship Game. It allowed the Pittsburgh Steelers to hold on for a 24-19 victory.
And finally, this Sydney Morning Herald story is a week old but it's still a good read about ex-Ute Andrew Bogut's efforts to assist flood victims in Australia.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43