What if? It's a question that's often asked about Alex Smith.
Gary Peterson of the San Jose Mercury News takes a closer look at Mel Kiper Jr.'s assertion of how things would have turned out if the former Utah quarterback and Super Bowl-bound Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers had swapped draft positions in 2005. Smith went No. 1 overall to the San Francisco 49ers, who opted to pass on Rodgers, who quarterbacked at nearby California.
In other news:
Ex-Utah coach Rick Majerus opts to redshirt a star player at St. Louis and notes a path similar to that of Andre Miller.
Former Ute Chris Kemoeatu, who plays for the Pittsburgh Steelers, is gathering with his offensive linemates on Thursday night for a little extra film study in preparation for the Super Bowl.
ESPN.com's Rich Cimini spoke with ex-Ute Sione Pouha of the New York Jets about Ben Roethlisberger's final completion in the AFC Championship Game. It allowed the Pittsburgh Steelers to hold on for a 24-19 victory.
And finally, this Sydney Morning Herald story is a week old but it's still a good read about ex-Ute Andrew Bogut's efforts to assist flood victims in Australia.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33