PROVO — Getting a ticket for tonight's big college basketball game between No. 9 BYU and No. 4 San Diego State won't be easy.
And for some Utahns, finding the sold-out showdown on TV also might be tricky.
The game will be televised by CBS College Sports, a network carried by all of the major cable and satellite TV providers in Utah but not offered in all programming packages.
For cable and satellite customers who aren't sure if they have CBS College Sports, consider this an assist:
CBS College Sports is offered on all digital cable packages except for the Digital Starter Tier. If you have Comcast's Digital Preferred, Digital Preferred Plus and Digital Premier package, you don't have to miss a single Jimmer Fredette basket. CBS College Sports can also be added to the Digital Starter tier as part of a sports and entertainment package.
If you subscribe to the America's Top 200- and America's Top 250-channel packages, or Dish Network's "Everything" package, you'll be able to watch the 19-1 Cougars and 20-0 Aztecs battle it out for first place in the Mountain West Conference. The satellite provider's America's Top 120- and America's Top 120-channel Plus packages do not include CBS College Sports. The network also is available by adding a sports package to lower-level programming.
If you're a DirecTV customer with the 150-plus Choice package, there'll be no BYU hoops for you tonight — unless you've added a sports package. The satellite provider's other programming packages — Choice Xtra, Choice Ultimate and Premier — all include CBS College Sports.
Tonight's game tips off at 8 p.m. in the Marriott Center. It will be carried live on KSL Newsradio at 102.7 FM and 1160 AM, as well as online at ksl.com.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49