SALT LAKE CITY — ESPN's Greg Biggins is reporting that quarterback Derrick Brown, who originally committed to the University of Utah, has now committed to the University of Washington.
"It was tough to tell the Utah coaches but they were great with me,” Brown told Biggins. “I had told them ahead of time I was taking the visit so they knew what was going on. Utah is a great school, but Washington just feels right to me. I'm so excited and can't wait to get there. They only have two quarterbacks on the roster right now so I'm coming in ready to compete."
In addition to Brown, the Utes also lost out on wide receiver BJ Kelley, who committed to the University of Oregon.
The Utes are still pursuing four top recruits: CB Floyd Raven, WR Anthony Denham, TE Junior Pomee and OL Mo Latu.
Pomee is a teammate Ryan Henderson, who committed to Utah. Both are being recruited by USC and would likely prefer to remain teammates.
Expect Norm Chow to make an impact and sway a few top recruits to join the Utes, however.
Mike Whitelock is an author and sports writer.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 19
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 11
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7