Tom Smart, Deseret News
PROVO — Overstock.com held a grand opening Monday of its Software Development Center here.
The 12,000-plus-square-foot center is located at 235 E. 1600 S. in Provo will employ 150 technologists, 100 of whom should be aboard within 12 months. The online discount retailer is currently hiring for the new center.
"We are expanding our tech presence in Utah, and are actively recruiting," said Overstock.com President Jonathan Johnson. "We have more innovation in the pipeline than we have developers. Utah is home to many technologists, and this new office provides us with more opportunities to employ their talents."
Johnson added that Overstock.com is directing interested applicants to www.overstock.com/javajobs for more information about available positions.
The Provo facility represents Overstock.com's second expansion outside of the Salt Lake City area. In September 2010, the company opened a call center in Tooele. In addition, Overstock.com maintains three Salt Lake area facilities. The company currently employs over 1,500 people in Utah.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17