Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The final attendance figures for the 2010 NCAA college football season are in. BYU finished No. 27 with an average attendance of 61,381 and No. 38 by filling Lavell Edwards Stadium at a 95.84 percent capacity. Utah finished at No. 52 with an average attendance of 45,459 and No. 11 by filling Rice-Eccles Stadium at 100.98 percent of capacity.
With the Cougars' struggles this season, their attendance was down compared to last year. BYU posted an average attendance of 64,236 while filling its stadium to 100.30 percent of capacity in 2009.
The top five in average attendance for the 2010 season were: No. 1 Michigan - 111,825. No. 2 Ohio St. - 105,278. No. 3 Penn St. - 104,234. No. 4 Alabama - 101,821. No. 5 Texas - 100,654.
Mike Whitelock is an author of two books. He also is a healthy living guru and sports writer.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 114
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 30
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 20