Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The final attendance figures for the 2010 NCAA college football season are in. BYU finished No. 27 with an average attendance of 61,381 and No. 38 by filling Lavell Edwards Stadium at a 95.84 percent capacity. Utah finished at No. 52 with an average attendance of 45,459 and No. 11 by filling Rice-Eccles Stadium at 100.98 percent of capacity.
With the Cougars' struggles this season, their attendance was down compared to last year. BYU posted an average attendance of 64,236 while filling its stadium to 100.30 percent of capacity in 2009.
The top five in average attendance for the 2010 season were: No. 1 Michigan - 111,825. No. 2 Ohio St. - 105,278. No. 3 Penn St. - 104,234. No. 4 Alabama - 101,821. No. 5 Texas - 100,654.
Mike Whitelock is an author of two books. He also is a healthy living guru and sports writer.
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- BYU men's basketball: Winder steps up big in...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- BYU closes season with painful loss in Miami...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 107
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43