Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The final attendance figures for the 2010 NCAA college football season are in. BYU finished No. 27 with an average attendance of 61,381 and No. 38 by filling Lavell Edwards Stadium at a 95.84 percent capacity. Utah finished at No. 52 with an average attendance of 45,459 and No. 11 by filling Rice-Eccles Stadium at 100.98 percent of capacity.
With the Cougars' struggles this season, their attendance was down compared to last year. BYU posted an average attendance of 64,236 while filling its stadium to 100.30 percent of capacity in 2009.
The top five in average attendance for the 2010 season were: No. 1 Michigan - 111,825. No. 2 Ohio St. - 105,278. No. 3 Penn St. - 104,234. No. 4 Alabama - 101,821. No. 5 Texas - 100,654.
Mike Whitelock is an author of two books. He also is a healthy living guru and sports writer.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48