Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The final attendance figures for the 2010 NCAA college football season are in. BYU finished No. 27 with an average attendance of 61,381 and No. 38 by filling Lavell Edwards Stadium at a 95.84 percent capacity. Utah finished at No. 52 with an average attendance of 45,459 and No. 11 by filling Rice-Eccles Stadium at 100.98 percent of capacity.
With the Cougars' struggles this season, their attendance was down compared to last year. BYU posted an average attendance of 64,236 while filling its stadium to 100.30 percent of capacity in 2009.
The top five in average attendance for the 2010 season were: No. 1 Michigan - 111,825. No. 2 Ohio St. - 105,278. No. 3 Penn St. - 104,234. No. 4 Alabama - 101,821. No. 5 Texas - 100,654.
Mike Whitelock is an author of two books. He also is a healthy living guru and sports writer.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34