WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage student using a band saw in a Granger High School metal shop class lost at least two fingers Thursday.
Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said the female senior was attempting to use the power tool when the accident happened in the early afternoon.
The girl was conscious and alert after the accident and was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, where she was met by her parents.
Horsley said he was unaware if the accident may have been witnessed by other students, but stressed that counseling services will be made available.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 81
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12