WEST VALLEY CITY — A teenage student using a band saw in a Granger High School metal shop class lost at least two fingers Thursday.
Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley said the female senior was attempting to use the power tool when the accident happened in the early afternoon.
The girl was conscious and alert after the accident and was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, where she was met by her parents.
Horsley said he was unaware if the accident may have been witnessed by other students, but stressed that counseling services will be made available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah State aviation student dead after plane...
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14