It's been almost a week since rumors started circulating about UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow becoming the offensive coordinator at the University of Utah. UCLA has just made a major move that could make Chow's departure imminent.
The Los Angeles Times and ESPNLosAngeles.com are reporting that Mike Johnson has reached an agreement in principle to become an assistant coach at UCLA. Mike Johnson has been with the San Francisco 49ers as an assistant coach for the last two seasons. Johnson has been rumored as Chow's replacement.
With UCLA head coach Rick Neuhiesel on the hot seat, one would believe he doesn't want to drag out this coaching drama much longer.
Mike Whitelock is an author of two books. He also is a Healthy Lifestyle Guru and avid sports fan.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15