It's been almost a week since rumors started circulating about UCLA offensive coordinator Norm Chow becoming the offensive coordinator at the University of Utah. UCLA has just made a major move that could make Chow's departure imminent.
The Los Angeles Times and ESPNLosAngeles.com are reporting that Mike Johnson has reached an agreement in principle to become an assistant coach at UCLA. Mike Johnson has been with the San Francisco 49ers as an assistant coach for the last two seasons. Johnson has been rumored as Chow's replacement.
With UCLA head coach Rick Neuhiesel on the hot seat, one would believe he doesn't want to drag out this coaching drama much longer.
Mike Whitelock is an author of two books. He also is a Healthy Lifestyle Guru and avid sports fan.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48