SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz are widely recognized for their ardent and very enthusiastic fans — just ask any player from a visiting team. Utah's fans are among the loudest and supportive in the league and can often be seen sporting Jazz colors in the stands and on the streets.
That support has translated into revenue for the National Basketball Association and now a league-wide honor for the team.
On Wednesday, the NBA announced the Utah Jazz has been named as the 2009-10 Team Retailer of the Year — an annual honor the league has awarded since 2002 to recognize the accomplishments of team merchandise sales and operations. The organization earned the honor after an extensive review of 30 team retailers on criteria such as innovative marketing and merchandising programs, breadth of product assortment, customer service and customer shopping experiences.
While this was the first time the Jazz have won the top retailer award, during the 2008-09 season the team took home the “Floor Burn Award” — given yearly to the team that consistently goes "above and beyond" in an effort to maximize sales.
This season, the Jazz launched a new team retail store as well as a new uniform design.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric bus...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 7
- 3 ways you can save money on movie... 3
- Disney moves toward $10 hourly starting... 2