SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz are widely recognized for their ardent and very enthusiastic fans — just ask any player from a visiting team. Utah's fans are among the loudest and supportive in the league and can often be seen sporting Jazz colors in the stands and on the streets.
That support has translated into revenue for the National Basketball Association and now a league-wide honor for the team.
On Wednesday, the NBA announced the Utah Jazz has been named as the 2009-10 Team Retailer of the Year — an annual honor the league has awarded since 2002 to recognize the accomplishments of team merchandise sales and operations. The organization earned the honor after an extensive review of 30 team retailers on criteria such as innovative marketing and merchandising programs, breadth of product assortment, customer service and customer shopping experiences.
While this was the first time the Jazz have won the top retailer award, during the 2008-09 season the team took home the “Floor Burn Award” — given yearly to the team that consistently goes "above and beyond" in an effort to maximize sales.
This season, the Jazz launched a new team retail store as well as a new uniform design.
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- Retail sales are up since last month
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- Chinese city creates cellphone sidewalk lane
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- Which new iPhone is right for your... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1