Family of bookseller Sherry Black launches website to share, gather information about her killing
SOUTH SALT LAKE — The family of Sherry Black, who was found stabbed and killed in her place of business, has started a website to both provide and gather more information about the woman's death.
Black's son-in-law, Larry H. Miller Group CEO Greg Miller, announced the launch of www.sherryblackinfo.com on Twitter Wednesday. The website features a tips and leads page for those who may have information relating to her death, a collection of news articles about Black's death and a photos page.
"This website is intended to preserve memories of Sherry and to provide information regarding the investigation to find and bring the person who tragically took her life to justice," the home page reads. "We invite you to leave comments or memories about Sherry, along with your well wishes or any information that will help us find the person responsible for her death."
Black, 64, a South Salt Lake book dealer, was found by her husband at the family's B&W Billiards and Books business at 3466 S. 700 East on Nov. 30. Police have not named any suspects or potential motive and are following leads about a belt they believe the killer left behind.
South Salt Lake police spokesman Gary Keller said there have been no new leads in the case, but police are still actively investigating and hope the website will provide another avenue for information.
"We're still working through everything," he said Thursday. "We want to get as much exposure out there as possible. We definitely hope to get as much information as we can."
The family commemorates Black as a "wonderful wife, mother, grandmother and friend" whom the family misses "every minute of every day."
They have put together a 23-minute tribute video featuring photos of Black throughout her life.
"Sherry was a very warm, loving, kind and generous woman. She was honest in her business dealings and she passed on her true love of books to her family and friends," family members wrote.
She is the mother of Miller's wife, Heidi.
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Vernal police investigating offensive...
- Deputy's widow laments small room for...
- Head of Salt Lake Catholic diocese named...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Traffic stop in Price leads to 3 arrests,...
- 'As great as hosting the Olympics': Utah's...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 62
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 60
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 51
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 23
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 22
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 21
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 14