LEHI — A multimillion dollar expansion of Thanksgiving Point's Megaplex Theatre is under way and is expected to create 150 full- and part-time jobs.
The existing theater complex will expand from eight screens to 17 and will offer a variety of new amenities by fall 2011.
“This expansion at Thanksgiving Point will give our guests many more movie and food choices at this Megaplex location,” said Blake Andersen, senior vice president and general manager of Megaplex Theatres, in a news release.
The renovations will increase the facility's size from 27,000 square feet to more than 113,000 square feet and will include synchronized motion seats and drive-up automated ticket kiosks.
The Larry H. Miller Group is partnering with Thanksgiving Point on the expansion.
- Women innovators leading by example
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10