LEHI — A multimillion dollar expansion of Thanksgiving Point's Megaplex Theatre is under way and is expected to create 150 full- and part-time jobs.
The existing theater complex will expand from eight screens to 17 and will offer a variety of new amenities by fall 2011.
“This expansion at Thanksgiving Point will give our guests many more movie and food choices at this Megaplex location,” said Blake Andersen, senior vice president and general manager of Megaplex Theatres, in a news release.
The renovations will increase the facility's size from 27,000 square feet to more than 113,000 square feet and will include synchronized motion seats and drive-up automated ticket kiosks.
The Larry H. Miller Group is partnering with Thanksgiving Point on the expansion.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7