LEHI — A multimillion dollar expansion of Thanksgiving Point's Megaplex Theatre is under way and is expected to create 150 full- and part-time jobs.
The existing theater complex will expand from eight screens to 17 and will offer a variety of new amenities by fall 2011.
“This expansion at Thanksgiving Point will give our guests many more movie and food choices at this Megaplex location,” said Blake Andersen, senior vice president and general manager of Megaplex Theatres, in a news release.
The renovations will increase the facility's size from 27,000 square feet to more than 113,000 square feet and will include synchronized motion seats and drive-up automated ticket kiosks.
The Larry H. Miller Group is partnering with Thanksgiving Point on the expansion.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 11
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10