Author Mitch Albom to speak at University of Utah commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Acclaimed author Mitch Albom will deliver the general commencement at the University of Utah on May 6.
The U.'s trustees announced the selection Tuesday of the longtime sportswriter, best known for the best-sellers "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven."
"Tuesdays with Morrie" is the best-selling memoir of all time with more than 11 million copies sold worldwide. The story of his weekly meetings with an old college professor who was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease has been made into a TV movie and an off-Broadway play.
Albom has written nine books in all. He has been named the best sports columnist in the country 13 times by the Associated Press Sports Editors for his columns in the Detroit Free Press.
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support medical...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 49
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 48
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 47
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 23