Author Mitch Albom to speak at University of Utah commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Acclaimed author Mitch Albom will deliver the general commencement at the University of Utah on May 6.
The U.'s trustees announced the selection Tuesday of the longtime sportswriter, best known for the best-sellers "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven."
"Tuesdays with Morrie" is the best-selling memoir of all time with more than 11 million copies sold worldwide. The story of his weekly meetings with an old college professor who was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease has been made into a TV movie and an off-Broadway play.
Albom has written nine books in all. He has been named the best sports columnist in the country 13 times by the Associated Press Sports Editors for his columns in the Detroit Free Press.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17