Author Mitch Albom to speak at University of Utah commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Acclaimed author Mitch Albom will deliver the general commencement at the University of Utah on May 6.
The U.'s trustees announced the selection Tuesday of the longtime sportswriter, best known for the best-sellers "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven."
"Tuesdays with Morrie" is the best-selling memoir of all time with more than 11 million copies sold worldwide. The story of his weekly meetings with an old college professor who was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease has been made into a TV movie and an off-Broadway play.
Albom has written nine books in all. He has been named the best sports columnist in the country 13 times by the Associated Press Sports Editors for his columns in the Detroit Free Press.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 34
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8