Author Mitch Albom to speak at University of Utah commencement
SALT LAKE CITY — Acclaimed author Mitch Albom will deliver the general commencement at the University of Utah on May 6.
The U.'s trustees announced the selection Tuesday of the longtime sportswriter, best known for the best-sellers "Tuesdays with Morrie" and "The Five People You Meet in Heaven."
"Tuesdays with Morrie" is the best-selling memoir of all time with more than 11 million copies sold worldwide. The story of his weekly meetings with an old college professor who was dying of Lou Gehrig's disease has been made into a TV movie and an off-Broadway play.
Albom has written nine books in all. He has been named the best sports columnist in the country 13 times by the Associated Press Sports Editors for his columns in the Detroit Free Press.
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 20
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13