SALT LAKE CITY — The Church History Museum will open 2011 with two new children's exhibits.
"The Gospel Blesses My Life" and "A Book of Mormon Fiesta: A Latin American Celebration" will both open on Friday, Jan. 7, at the Church History Museum.
"The Gospel Blesses My Life" is an exhibit featuring art by children, ages 5-12, from 42 countries around the world. Using the theme "How the Gospel of Jesus Christ has Blessed My Life," the young artists used various media to create artwork about different gospel subjects.
Of more than 1,700 entries submitted from around the world, 250 were selected for display. Most of the remaining entries can be viewed on digital screens in rotation as part of the exhibit. This artwork will also be featured on the Friend magazine's website at www.friend.lds.org and in the "Our Creative Friends" section of the March 2011 issue of the Friend.
"The Gospel Blesses My Life" will continue through July 4.
The second exhibit, "A Book of Mormon Fiesta: A Latin American Celebration," celebrates the rich Latin heritage within the church by focusing on gospel truths while highlighting both ancient and modern-day stories of faithful Latin American Saints. It is divided into three interactive sections: "Learn Truths," "Share Truths" and "Live Truths," in which children and adults alike can learn and apply the inspiring stories of Latin American Saints.
The first section, "Learn Truths," focuses on stories form the Book of Mormon. The second section, "Share Truths," is a replica of a Latin American home. The third section, "Live Truths," is designed to look like a Latin American plaza with specific areas that illustrate inspiring stories of faithful, modern-day Latin American Saints.
Admission to both exhibits is free. For more information, visit the museum's website at www.churchhistorymuseum.org.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- Why pray? Different faiths are united over...
- Music and the Spoken Word: The time to prepare
- Sister Linda K. Burton speaks at BYU Women's...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 94
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about... 38
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 33
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 28
- Why pray? Different faiths are united... 14
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- The positive role religion plays in... 8
- LDS Church member appointed to US... 6