A new year is spilling over the horizon along with an opportunity to evaluate the past year and look forward to the promise of the coming year.
When setting goals, following the counsel of LDS leaders will keep the future bright. Following are pieces of guidance given by leaders to help individuals set and achieve worthwhile goals in the coming year.
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 2003 New Era
Elder Carlos E. Asay, May 1985 New Era
Elder Gene R. Cook, April 2008 Liahona
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 1987 Ensign
President Spencer W. Kimball quoted by Elder Marvin J. Ashton, November 1983 Ensign
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, September 2009 Liahona
An August 1998 Liahona article entitled "Strengthen Your Sense of Self-Worth" gave suggestions about setting goals:
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children and lives in West Valley City.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Elder and Sister Renlund speak during BYU...
- Why pray? Different faiths are united over...
- Music and the Spoken Word: The time to prepare
- Sister Linda K. Burton speaks at BYU Women's...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an... 94
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about... 39
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 34
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 32
- Why pray? Different faiths are united... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- The positive role religion plays in... 8
- LDS Church member appointed to US... 7