A new year is spilling over the horizon along with an opportunity to evaluate the past year and look forward to the promise of the coming year.
When setting goals, following the counsel of LDS leaders will keep the future bright. Following are pieces of guidance given by leaders to help individuals set and achieve worthwhile goals in the coming year.
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 2003 New Era
Elder Carlos E. Asay, May 1985 New Era
Elder Gene R. Cook, April 2008 Liahona
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 1987 Ensign
President Spencer W. Kimball quoted by Elder Marvin J. Ashton, November 1983 Ensign
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, September 2009 Liahona
An August 1998 Liahona article entitled "Strengthen Your Sense of Self-Worth" gave suggestions about setting goals:
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children and lives in West Valley City.
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: At times the people we...
- Adult coloring books get niched: Color me...
- Why many churches can't endorse political...
- Here's how the Vatican's mobile medical unit...
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go' players
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at Republican...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 29
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 25
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- LDS.org post opens arms to 'Pokemon Go'... 9