A new year is spilling over the horizon along with an opportunity to evaluate the past year and look forward to the promise of the coming year.
When setting goals, following the counsel of LDS leaders will keep the future bright. Following are pieces of guidance given by leaders to help individuals set and achieve worthwhile goals in the coming year.
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 2003 New Era
Elder Carlos E. Asay, May 1985 New Era
Elder Gene R. Cook, April 2008 Liahona
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 1987 Ensign
President Spencer W. Kimball quoted by Elder Marvin J. Ashton, November 1983 Ensign
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, September 2009 Liahona
An August 1998 Liahona article entitled "Strengthen Your Sense of Self-Worth" gave suggestions about setting goals:
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children and lives in West Valley City.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5