A new year is spilling over the horizon along with an opportunity to evaluate the past year and look forward to the promise of the coming year.
When setting goals, following the counsel of LDS leaders will keep the future bright. Following are pieces of guidance given by leaders to help individuals set and achieve worthwhile goals in the coming year.
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 2003 New Era
Elder Carlos E. Asay, May 1985 New Era
Elder Gene R. Cook, April 2008 Liahona
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 1987 Ensign
President Spencer W. Kimball quoted by Elder Marvin J. Ashton, November 1983 Ensign
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, September 2009 Liahona
An August 1998 Liahona article entitled "Strengthen Your Sense of Self-Worth" gave suggestions about setting goals:
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children and lives in West Valley City.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online database...
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church meeting...
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan shares...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 34
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 22
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- In Our Lovely Deseret: The courtship... 12
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 12
- Taylor Halverson: The Book of Mormon... 7
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- New Harmony: Reading the pope's words... 6