A new year is spilling over the horizon along with an opportunity to evaluate the past year and look forward to the promise of the coming year.
When setting goals, following the counsel of LDS leaders will keep the future bright. Following are pieces of guidance given by leaders to help individuals set and achieve worthwhile goals in the coming year.
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 2003 New Era
Elder Carlos E. Asay, May 1985 New Era
Elder Gene R. Cook, April 2008 Liahona
Elder M. Russell Ballard, May 1987 Ensign
President Spencer W. Kimball quoted by Elder Marvin J. Ashton, November 1983 Ensign
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, September 2009 Liahona
An August 1998 Liahona article entitled "Strengthen Your Sense of Self-Worth" gave suggestions about setting goals:
Melissa DeMoux is a stay-at-home mother of six young children and lives in West Valley City.
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Many foretold Restoration, Elder Maynes tells...
- UTubers: LDS violinist Jenny Oaks Baker...
- USCIRF calls for government to resettle...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- Greek Orthodox parish in Cottonwood Heights...
- Elder Richard J. Maynes speaks to young...
- Erin Stewart: Putting the family council to work
- Many foretold Restoration, Elder Maynes... 46
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- LDS leaders announce new teaching... 34
- Catholics, LDS stand together on issues... 21
- Defending the Faith: When Jesus purged... 20
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to... 12
- National Day of Prayer speakers decry... 12
- LDS Church member appointed to US... 9