PROVO — Utah Highway Patrol troopers are reminding drivers in the I-15 Core project in Utah County to slow down.
Troopers have responded to dozens of accidents over the past few days and UHP Sgt. Hoby Metz said the cause of almost all of them is drivers going too fast for the conditions.
"The speed limit is 55, it's an active construction zone and when you are dealing with extreme temperatures and weather conditions, you have to drive prudent to the weather conditions," he said.
Troopers also caution drivers to make sure their cars are well maintained.
Metz said troopers are seeing a lot of tires in bad condition, especially for winter weather, and those drivers have a tough time keeping control of their cars.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 15