PROVO — Utah Highway Patrol troopers are reminding drivers in the I-15 Core project in Utah County to slow down.
Troopers have responded to dozens of accidents over the past few days and UHP Sgt. Hoby Metz said the cause of almost all of them is drivers going too fast for the conditions.
"The speed limit is 55, it's an active construction zone and when you are dealing with extreme temperatures and weather conditions, you have to drive prudent to the weather conditions," he said.
Troopers also caution drivers to make sure their cars are well maintained.
Metz said troopers are seeing a lot of tires in bad condition, especially for winter weather, and those drivers have a tough time keeping control of their cars.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16