SALT LAKE CITY — After checking out almost 700,000 children's books this year, the Salt Lake City Public Library has compiled the top five children's books of 2010.
"There are lots of great books in 2010," said Deanna Romriell, assistant manager for the children's department at the Salt Lake City Public Library. "We tried to choose some that are particularly fun to read with children."
At the top of the list is "What's your Sound HOUND the HOUND?" by Mo Willems.
It's followed by "Dancing Feet" by Lindsey Craig. Mo Willems' "City Dog, Country Frog," came in third, "Sleepy, Oh so Sleepy" by Denise Fleming was fourth, and Salley Mavor's "Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes" rounds out the top five.
New for 2011, the library has unveiled "literacy kits" to give parents and kids hands-on interaction in a variety of subjects.
As part of our Read Today initiative, we encourage students not to take a holiday from reading.
Anyone who logs 100 minutes over the Christmas break gets free cookie dough from Papa Murphy's. Readers at the schools that log the most holiday minutes get free Carl's Jr. hamburgers.
Register on ReadToday.com.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- 'American Idol' alum Brooke White creates...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- Some communities suggest penalizing parents...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 8
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 4
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- Why you should think twice before... 3
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders... 2