SALT LAKE CITY — After checking out almost 700,000 children's books this year, the Salt Lake City Public Library has compiled the top five children's books of 2010.
"There are lots of great books in 2010," said Deanna Romriell, assistant manager for the children's department at the Salt Lake City Public Library. "We tried to choose some that are particularly fun to read with children."
At the top of the list is "What's your Sound HOUND the HOUND?" by Mo Willems.
It's followed by "Dancing Feet" by Lindsey Craig. Mo Willems' "City Dog, Country Frog," came in third, "Sleepy, Oh so Sleepy" by Denise Fleming was fourth, and Salley Mavor's "Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes" rounds out the top five.
New for 2011, the library has unveiled "literacy kits" to give parents and kids hands-on interaction in a variety of subjects.
As part of our Read Today initiative, we encourage students not to take a holiday from reading.
Anyone who logs 100 minutes over the Christmas break gets free cookie dough from Papa Murphy's. Readers at the schools that log the most holiday minutes get free Carl's Jr. hamburgers.
Register on ReadToday.com.
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals in 3...
- How to prevent cognitive decline related to...
- This couple lost their wedding location the...
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 16
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 6
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 3
- Does being married bring you closer to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1
- The Clean Cut: Daughter sends message... 1