SALT LAKE CITY — After checking out almost 700,000 children's books this year, the Salt Lake City Public Library has compiled the top five children's books of 2010.
"There are lots of great books in 2010," said Deanna Romriell, assistant manager for the children's department at the Salt Lake City Public Library. "We tried to choose some that are particularly fun to read with children."
At the top of the list is "What's your Sound HOUND the HOUND?" by Mo Willems.
It's followed by "Dancing Feet" by Lindsey Craig. Mo Willems' "City Dog, Country Frog," came in third, "Sleepy, Oh so Sleepy" by Denise Fleming was fourth, and Salley Mavor's "Pocketful of Posies: A Treasury of Nursery Rhymes" rounds out the top five.
New for 2011, the library has unveiled "literacy kits" to give parents and kids hands-on interaction in a variety of subjects.
As part of our Read Today initiative, we encourage students not to take a holiday from reading.
Anyone who logs 100 minutes over the Christmas break gets free cookie dough from Papa Murphy's. Readers at the schools that log the most holiday minutes get free Carl's Jr. hamburgers.
Register on ReadToday.com.
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile' music...
- The Clean Cut: CBS News features boy with...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- BYU announces Mitt Romney, Disney...
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:...
- Would you rather get married earlier, or stay...
- 12 things that are totally worth waiting for
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Basic assumptions... 34
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 11
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- It's about time the government... 6
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 6
- Pediatricians' Rx for schools: Later... 5