A calendar of LDS-themed events from around the United States and Canada.
Broadcast: CES Fireside, Elder D. Todd Christofferson, Jan. 9, 6 p.m. MST
Mesa Temple Visitors Center: "The Birth of Christ through Light and Music" (nightly performances and Nativity), through Dec. 31, 5:30 p.m. (see www.mesachristmaslights.com)
Mesa: Arizona Family History Expo, Jan. 21-22 (see www.familyhistoryexpos.com)
Los Angeles Temple Visitors Center: "Adeste Fideles," nightly musical performances, through Dec. 30, 7 p.m.
Temple Hill: "Reflections of Christ" art exhibit, through Dec. 26, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; nightly performances, Nativity and lights, through Dec. 30 (see www.templehillevents.com); musical fireside, Embers of Christmas, Jan. 8, 6 p.m., Oakland Temple Visitors Center
San Diego Temple grounds: "Sights and Sounds" nightly performances, lights, music and nativity, through Dec. 31, 6-11 p.m.
LDS Night: Golden State Warriors vs. Sacramento Kings, Jan. 21, pregame 5:30 p.m., game starts at 7 p.m.
Polynesian Cultural Center: 21st Annual Moanikeala Hula Festival, Jan. 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Pacific Theater, 55-370 Kamehameha Highway, Laie (visit www.polynesia.com or call 800-367-7060 for prices, reservations and tickets)
BYU-Hawaii: Winter semester begins, Jan. 5; president's Q&A, Jan. 7, noon; devotional, BYU-Hawaii President Stephen Wheelwright, Jan. 11, 11 a.m.; president's Q&A, Jan. 6, 6 p.m.
BYU-Idaho (Rexburg): Winter semester begins, Jan. 5; devotional, Jan. 18, 2 p.m., BYU-Idaho Center Auditorium
Kanesville Tabernacle: Annual holiday gingerbread display, "Christmas around the World," through Jan. 1, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., 222 East Broadway, Council Bluffs (call 712-322-0500 for information)
Midwest YSA: Fireside, dinner and dance, Dec. 31, 6 p.m., 2524 Hoover Ave., Ames
Washington D.C. Temple Visitors Center: Christmas light and Nativity displays and nightly musical performances, through Jan. 1 (see dctemplelights.lds.org)
Mormon Trail Center: 25th annual gingerbread festival, "A Season of Memories," through Jan. 1, 9 a.m.-9 p.m., 3215 State St., Omaha (call 402-453-9372 for information)
Historic Kirtland Visitors' Center: Nativity displays and lights, through Dec. 30, 7800 Kirtland-Chardon Road, Kirtland
South Carolina YSA: Talk, Dr. Elia Gourgouris, Jan. 22, 1:30 p.m., Florence Stake Center, 1620 Malden Drive, Florence; bowling, 2:30 p.m., South Gate Bowling Center; dinner, 5 p.m.
Joseph Smith Birthplace Historical Site: 22nd annual "Lights of Christmas," Nativity and art display, through Jan. 9, 357 LDS Lane, South Royalton
Milwaukee YSA: New Year's Eve dance, Dec. 31
Ottawa institute: Ice cream and pastry, Jan. 5, 8:30 p.m., 1017 Prince of Wales Drive; preference dance, Jan. 14, 1017, Prince of Wales Drive
All listed times are local time unless otherwise noted. To submit an event, e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Seventh-day Adventist leader calls on family...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- After government topples crosses in China,...
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire asks...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 50
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 32
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 24
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- After government topples crosses in... 11