Christmas comes early when adopted special needs girls from China arrive at their new Herriman home
Jeremy credits the couple's oldest boys, Taylor, 11, and Parker, 10, for their help in welcoming and caring for five adopted sisters and a brother. "They're such remarkable children. They have such big hearts."
Christianne recalled Parker's nervous hesitation about interacting with Elli.
But after spending his first day with her, he told his parents, "Even if you could catch blindness, I would still want Elli."
"There was an immediate bond," Christianne said.
By all outward appearances, the Greens are the picture of calm. Asked how they handle it all, Christianne says, "I feel God has strengthened us each time. Somehow, he makes up the difference."
Friends and family lend their assistance, too. A steady stream of neighbors has prepared meals for the Greens since the family returned from China. "They're all asking 'What can I do?'" Christianne said.
The Greens' biological daughter, Jesi, 7, welcomed the addition of her new sisters with a drawing of the entire family, which is prominently displayed on the refrigerator.
The Greens' home, says grandmother Rosemary Green, "is the most amazing, joyous chaos you could ever imagine."
"They just 'get it' where kids are concerned. This is life."
This Christmas, Jeremy predicts, will be richer than those of the past.
"When you think what Christmas is about, it's a good feeling to see these little spirits — who have been forsaken, not having parents — to be part of a family."
- New allegation: John Swallow asked for $120K...
- Snowstorm makes travel tricky along Wasatch...
- Funeral plans set for BYU student, LDS...
- Davis High teacher faces rape charges
- Ad campaign targets proposed Utah...
- Family of child who survived abuse raises...
- Ex-Attorney General John Swallow deliberately...
- Search warrant reveals possible charges...
- Rep. Jim Matheson says he won't run for... 80
- Ad campaign targets proposed Utah... 34
- Minimum wage debate rages on 24
- New allegation: John Swallow asked for... 23
- Netflix documentary 'Mitt' now has a... 21
- Ex-Attorney General John Swallow... 19
- BYU student, LDS seminary teacher... 17
- State GOP Central Committee chooses... 16