The Park City High School girls basketball team recorded its first win of the season with authority Thursday evening, beating 4A East High School 52-34.
The Miners came out from the opening tip-off with a classic display of high energy and true teamwork basketball. Laurel Kasel hit her first four 3-point attempts from behind the arc to immediately open up the score, while at the same time the entire team repeatedly ran the floor at every opportunity and effectively worked the offense through the high post when the fast-break transition wasn't available.
"It was a pleasure to get a win in such a decisive fashion," head coach Sam White said. "Hopefully this win of our 3A school over a 4A school will propel the team to many more victories. It was great to see so many players get involved and step up."
The scoring was led by senior Laurel Kasel with 24 points, hitting an almost perfect 6 for 7 from behind the arc. Sophomore Carson Lyman had her best game of the season, netting 18 points, and senior Lexi Malone owned the inside and dominated the glass both offensively as well as defensively.
The Miners' next game is scheduled for Tuesday against Uintah.
Tracey Kasel is the Park City girls basketball assistant coach.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0