Happy day-after Thanksgiving! Everyone is now officially allowed to listen to Christmas music (confession … I’ve been listening since Halloween).
I decided to break from my usual blog of highlighting an entire album or an individual artist because I want to share some of my all-time favorite Christmas songs with you.
Christmas music helps to bring that special feeling in the air. We all get a little excited the first Sunday in church when we sing the Christmas hymns together.
David Archuleta’s song, “Melodies of Christmas,” expresses it well: “Happy Christmas melodies bring back faded memories.”
Besides the traditional Christmas songs we will always love, here are my top 10 nontraditional Christmas songs to add to your Christmas collection — and to your holiday memories.
1. “I Believe,” Natalie Grant, "Believe"
2. “I Just Knew,” Cherie Call, "Gifts"
3. “Christmas Makes Me Cry,” Mandisa featuring Matthew West, "It’s Christmas"
4. “Christmas Wish,” Stacie Orrico, "Christmas Wish"
5. “I Need a Silent Night,” Amy Grant, "Amy Grant Christmas: The Complete Collection"
7. “He Has Come For Us (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen),” Meredith Andrews, "Come Now Our King" (a traditional mixed with a nontraditional)
8. “The Man Behind The Scenes,” Russ Dixon/Cherie Call, "Gifts"
9. “A Baby Changes Everything,” Faith Hill, "Joy to the World"
10. “Who Would Imagine a King,” by Katherine McPhee, "Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You"
There you have it — my soundtrack to the season. These songs help me remember the real meaning of Christmas and help me keep that magical feeling alive.
I’d love to know what music helps you remember what this season is all about. Feel free to e-mail your favorites to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- The Clean Cut: Alex Boye releases original...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- 'Did great-grandpa know Joseph Smith?' New...
- Video of world's largest live Nativity...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out of...
- Elder Ballard shares gentle counsel on...
- Ask Angela: LDS bridal showers are out... 47
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 29
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert... 10
- Video of world's largest live Nativity... 9
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8
- LDS young man makes lasting impression... 7
- Hamblin & Peterson: Who were the 'wise... 6
- 'Wrestling with God': How much does... 5