Steven Kapp Perry: Israeli guide talks about 16 years of working with LDS tour groups
In this interview, recorded in Jerusalem, Asher Ashkenazi talks about the country he loves, why he became a tour guide and why he thinks it's important for people of all faiths to visit the Holy Land.
You'll discover right away why most LDS groups he works with quickly name themselves "The Tribe of Asher" as they come to love Israel, and you might be surprised to hear him quote Nephi and Orson Hyde about the fulfillment of prophecy that has gathered a people and made the desert "blossom as a rose." Plus, if you live in Utah, jot down the details of how you can meet Asher in person this coming January at the annual Travel Expo.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- 10 ideas of what God looks like
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 65
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 17
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 8
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7