Steven Kapp Perry: Israeli guide talks about 16 years of working with LDS tour groups
In this interview, recorded in Jerusalem, Asher Ashkenazi talks about the country he loves, why he became a tour guide and why he thinks it's important for people of all faiths to visit the Holy Land.
You'll discover right away why most LDS groups he works with quickly name themselves "The Tribe of Asher" as they come to love Israel, and you might be surprised to hear him quote Nephi and Orson Hyde about the fulfillment of prophecy that has gathered a people and made the desert "blossom as a rose." Plus, if you live in Utah, jot down the details of how you can meet Asher in person this coming January at the annual Travel Expo.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 43
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 8
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4