Steven Kapp Perry: Israeli guide talks about 16 years of working with LDS tour groups
In this interview, recorded in Jerusalem, Asher Ashkenazi talks about the country he loves, why he became a tour guide and why he thinks it's important for people of all faiths to visit the Holy Land.
You'll discover right away why most LDS groups he works with quickly name themselves "The Tribe of Asher" as they come to love Israel, and you might be surprised to hear him quote Nephi and Orson Hyde about the fulfillment of prophecy that has gathered a people and made the desert "blossom as a rose." Plus, if you live in Utah, jot down the details of how you can meet Asher in person this coming January at the annual Travel Expo.
That's this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5