Good Samaritan: “On a seemingly ordinary Veterans Day six years ago, the most notable aspect of the day was the miserable weather. The usually gentle southern breezes of Middle Tennessee were replaced by a fierce Canadian wind biting and gnawing at the very bones of anyone who ventured out for a quick run to the car. It was late afternoon, and my husband Mike left the office for home. Preoccupied with the daily grind, the last thing Mike expected was he was about to become a ‘Good Samaritan’ and care for one who was unfortunate to have ‘fallen among thieves’.” So begins this “Tale of a Good Samaritan on the Road to Chattanooga, Tennessee,” which is a beautiful and timely Veterans Day-themed post.
Veterans Day: Click for more inspiring “Veterans Day” reading, with stories about LDS veterans, Utah veterans, women veterans and more. Learn about the “Chapel built by Cigarettes,” how Chaplain B.H. Roberts pled for the life of his men and the Latter-day Saint in the German POW camp. Incredible stories about some incredible veterans.
Hopeful video: And whether you are thinking of loved ones serving, loved ones past or loved ones present, you need to check out this beautiful new video offering from Seth Adam Smith: “Hope Through the Atonement of Christ — Elder Neal A. Maxwell.” Elder Maxwell said, “Hope is realistic anticipation which takes the form of a determination.” And because Seth dedicates it to friends who are suffering, I likewise dedicate this highlight to LDS women’s historian and friend Jenny Reeder with hopes for a speedy recovery.
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Son shares story of miraculous reunion with...
- Why more young women are leaving church
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an 'uncommon' life...
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 74
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 45
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 43
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 35
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21