A list of best-selling Deseret Book products for Oct. 31-Nov. 6.
1. "To the Rescue: The Biography of Thomas S. Monson," Heidi S. Swinton
The much anticipated biography of the president of the LDS Church.
(Related article: Following the prophet: Author able to witness devotion of President Monson)
2. "In the Dark Streets Shineth: A 1941 Christmas Eve Story," David McCullough
Pulitzer-Prize winning historian McCullough shares the story behind two classic American Christmas carols.
(Related article: New David McCullough book based on Mormon Tabernacle Christmas performance)
3. "Christmas with the Prophets," Laura F. Willes
Christmas vignettes and traditions of the Latter-day prophets.
4. "A Christ-Centered Christmas: Seven Traditions to Lead Us Closer to the Savior," Emily Freeman
Deepen the Christmas spirit by discovering the meanings and traditions behind seven figures of the Nativity.
5. "Dickens Inn, Volume 5: Every Graceful Fancy," Anita Stansfield
The newest volume in the Dickens Inn series.
Sacred Christmas hymns, traditional carols, Primary songs and popular melodies.
7. "The Remarkable Soul of a Woman," Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Encouraging women to develop their remarkable abilities and find happiness.
(Related article: What's new: 'The Remarkable Soul of a Woman')
8. "Promise Me," Richard Paul Evans
A Christmas story about the power of love.
9. "Forgotten Carols: A Christmas Miracle for Isaac and Eliza," Michael McLean, illustrated by Brandon Dorman
An original story for young children.
(Related article: Michael McLean celebrates 25 years of songwriting)
10. "Christmas Prayer," Rian B. Anderson and Michael Parker
A young boy learns the importance of service on Christmas Eve in 1881.
1. "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year," Mormon Tabernacle Choir
2."100: Celebrating a Century of Recording Excellence," Mormon Tabernacle Choir
3."My Christmas Wish," Alex Boye
(Related article: Alex Boye: Being the Change — Inside Mormon Music)
4. "Christmas Live," Voice Male
5. "Christmas Cello," Steven Sharp Nelson
4. "Delivered by Hope"
(Related article: 'Delivered by Hope' tells story of convert from war-torn Sierra Leone )
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- Who are ‘the least of these’?...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Notre Dame case raises question of who... 5
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3