Chris Pizzello, Associated Press
PARK CITY — Even amid the overcast skies and filmmakers in all black, there's room for laughs at the Sundance Film Festival.
Just ask Louis C.K.
The veteran comedian, writer and actor is premiering his concert film "Louis C.K.: Hilarious" in Park City and, as always, the comic expects some to cringe.
"There are a lot of things that are upsetting to people," the comedian said Wednesday during a panel on pushing boundaries in film. "I like to talk and think about things even if they're upsetting. … I don't discredit their being upset. But I do discredit it. I think it's funny."
Unlike most recent comedy specials, Louis C.K.'s film doesn't show the audience.
"I wanted you to feel like you're there," he said. "It's like, 'How can I be there if somebody is already there?' "
But like most of Louis C.K.'s specials, plenty of the material will be offensive.
Having been a writer for Conan O'Brien and Chris Rock, he recalled watching sketches fail and angry letters and encounters with upset fans.
"If somebody waits to come up to you, you affected them," he said. "It's an indication you did something that wasn't boring."
Louis C.K. said he feels it's important to talk about things that are offensive.
"My thing is I take them there and have them laugh about that thing they were upset about," he said. "I think that's positive."
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and...
- Missy Franklin rallies with gutsy swim at US...
- WWI soldiers mingle with commuters in...
- Centerville’s July 4th celebration...
- Area summer reading programs are for more...
- LDS singer/songwriter Nik Day releases...
- W. Bountiful’s Independence Day...
- Celebrate the 4th at Freedom Festival’s...
- Spielberg's 'The BFG' meanders its way... 3
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and... 1
- WWI soldiers mingle with commuters in... 1
- 'Legend of Tarzan' looks great but... 1
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The Dalai Lama... 1
- Chris Hicks: Happy birthday to Olivia... 1
- Missy Franklin rallies with gutsy swim... 0
- Centerville’s July 4th... 0