"There's no stark bad guys and good guys. … This is a world that is perceived by some of its residents as sort of sliding over the edge, and there's a whole bunch of people who think they've got the answer," she said. "And it's not at all clear that any of them have the answer.
"And if everybody has moral shadings, and we can tell very complex stories as a result."
She wasn't exaggerating. If you think you've figured out who the good guys and bad guys are after the first couple of episodes, Episode 3 will prove you wrong.
If you were a "Galactica" fan, there's a bit of an adjustment to "Caprica." The two-hour premiere is great; the first hourlong episode slows the pace down a bit. But the next episode reaches out and grabs you.
And if you never watched "Galactica," give "Caprica" a chance. Don't be scared off by the science fiction label attached to the show.
Great drama is great drama.And "Caprica" shows all the signs of turning into another great drama.
MY NAME IS "SPARTACUS": The new series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (11 p.m., Starz) is epic in scale, gorgeous to look at and filled with action, adventure and drama.
It's also incredibly violent and sexual. It absolutely gushes blood and oozes sex.
It is, after all, a representation of decadent Rome. And it's on a pay-cable network.
So it's not really a surprise that it's as graphic as it is.
And it is very graphic, both in terms of the violence and the sex.
The word debauchery comes to mind. Repeatedly.
If you go into it "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" expecting a remake of the 1960 film "Spartacus," you're going to be shocked.
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and...
- Big ruling for abortion rights in Supreme...
- What to know about Supreme Court tossing...
- Getting overdose antidote with painkillers...
- Senate Democrats block GOP's Zika funding bill
- Quiz: Which hike in Zion National Park is...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Meet the retired nurse who pays women... 24
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to... 10