"There's no stark bad guys and good guys. … This is a world that is perceived by some of its residents as sort of sliding over the edge, and there's a whole bunch of people who think they've got the answer," she said. "And it's not at all clear that any of them have the answer.
"And if everybody has moral shadings, and we can tell very complex stories as a result."
She wasn't exaggerating. If you think you've figured out who the good guys and bad guys are after the first couple of episodes, Episode 3 will prove you wrong.
If you were a "Galactica" fan, there's a bit of an adjustment to "Caprica." The two-hour premiere is great; the first hourlong episode slows the pace down a bit. But the next episode reaches out and grabs you.
And if you never watched "Galactica," give "Caprica" a chance. Don't be scared off by the science fiction label attached to the show.
Great drama is great drama.And "Caprica" shows all the signs of turning into another great drama.
MY NAME IS "SPARTACUS": The new series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (11 p.m., Starz) is epic in scale, gorgeous to look at and filled with action, adventure and drama.
It's also incredibly violent and sexual. It absolutely gushes blood and oozes sex.
It is, after all, a representation of decadent Rome. And it's on a pay-cable network.
So it's not really a surprise that it's as graphic as it is.
And it is very graphic, both in terms of the violence and the sex.
The word debauchery comes to mind. Repeatedly.
If you go into it "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" expecting a remake of the 1960 film "Spartacus," you're going to be shocked.
- The Clean Cut: 'Kid History' stars create...
- Family walks from Disneyland to Disney World...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: 3 ways to get hubby...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- The Muppets to team up with Lindsey Stirling...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 6
- Parents, do your kids trust the... 5
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 5
- Britain's new princess can't expect... 4
- New U. computer model will track... 3