"There's no stark bad guys and good guys. … This is a world that is perceived by some of its residents as sort of sliding over the edge, and there's a whole bunch of people who think they've got the answer," she said. "And it's not at all clear that any of them have the answer.
"And if everybody has moral shadings, and we can tell very complex stories as a result."
She wasn't exaggerating. If you think you've figured out who the good guys and bad guys are after the first couple of episodes, Episode 3 will prove you wrong.
If you were a "Galactica" fan, there's a bit of an adjustment to "Caprica." The two-hour premiere is great; the first hourlong episode slows the pace down a bit. But the next episode reaches out and grabs you.
And if you never watched "Galactica," give "Caprica" a chance. Don't be scared off by the science fiction label attached to the show.
Great drama is great drama.And "Caprica" shows all the signs of turning into another great drama.
MY NAME IS "SPARTACUS": The new series "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" (11 p.m., Starz) is epic in scale, gorgeous to look at and filled with action, adventure and drama.
It's also incredibly violent and sexual. It absolutely gushes blood and oozes sex.
It is, after all, a representation of decadent Rome. And it's on a pay-cable network.
So it's not really a surprise that it's as graphic as it is.
And it is very graphic, both in terms of the violence and the sex.
The word debauchery comes to mind. Repeatedly.
If you go into it "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" expecting a remake of the 1960 film "Spartacus," you're going to be shocked.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- One more way junk food is bad for you
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- No, you shouldn't feel bad about taking a nap
- Face time vs. screen time: The technological...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Outbreak of illness linked to Weber... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5