Nothing personal against James, of course. Kirilenko has just had a hoops overdose the past 15 years.
"Too much basketball in my life," he said. "Too many games ... so I'd rather watch something else."
How about watching the athletic James play some soccer?
Kirilenko smiled: "Definitely."
HIGH PRAISE: Williams has had a blast playing with James in Team USA experiences, including two summers ago when they were teammates on the gold-medal-winning U.S. squad in the Beijing Olympics.
Consider Williams impressed — by James' leadership, his ability to have fun and how he continues to tear it up in every facet of the sport.
"(James) just seems to always take his game to another level," Williams said. "He's just a great all-around player, a guy that can take over and dominate a game at any time.
"But he just doesn't do it with scoring, he does it with every aspect of the game. He passes like a point guard, he runs the floor like a deer, he can jump out of the gym, and defensively is where he's really, I think, made his mark."
NOW YOU KNOW: The Jazz and Cavaliers are the only teams in the NBA who have wins over the Orlando Magic, Dallas Mavericks and Los Angeles Lakers. Utah is the only team to have also beaten the San Antonio Spurs.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 87
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 58
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50