PROVO — Actor Gary Coleman has settled a personal injury lawsuit filed by a man who says the former child star and his wife assaulted him and tried to run him over with a truck.
The suit was dismissed Tuesday after Colt Rushton, Coleman and his wife, Shannon Price, reached a settlement agreement.
Rushton claimed Price snatched his cell phone outside a Payson bowling alley the evening of Sept. 6, 2008, after he refused to pay a fee for taking Coleman's picture. His lawsuit alleged that Coleman then hit Rushton with his pickup truck and struck another vehicle as he left the parking lot.
Coleman pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and reckless driving in connection to the incident.
Rushton's attorney, Dustin Lance, said he could not discuss terms of the confidential settlement but that his client is satisfied with the resolution.
The two sides argued in recent months over access to insurance company records relating to Coleman's driving history.
Price was arrested in July after a domestic dispute with Coleman at their Santaquin home, but no charges were filed.
— Paul Koepp
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10