PROVO — Actor Gary Coleman has settled a personal injury lawsuit filed by a man who says the former child star and his wife assaulted him and tried to run him over with a truck.
The suit was dismissed Tuesday after Colt Rushton, Coleman and his wife, Shannon Price, reached a settlement agreement.
Rushton claimed Price snatched his cell phone outside a Payson bowling alley the evening of Sept. 6, 2008, after he refused to pay a fee for taking Coleman's picture. His lawsuit alleged that Coleman then hit Rushton with his pickup truck and struck another vehicle as he left the parking lot.
Coleman pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and reckless driving in connection to the incident.
Rushton's attorney, Dustin Lance, said he could not discuss terms of the confidential settlement but that his client is satisfied with the resolution.
The two sides argued in recent months over access to insurance company records relating to Coleman's driving history.
Price was arrested in July after a domestic dispute with Coleman at their Santaquin home, but no charges were filed.
— Paul Koepp
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview creates...
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- Miss Utah USA gets second chance at question...
- Man charged with attempted murder in Ogden...
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,...
- 7-year-old girl who met Justin Bieber passes...
- Ogden man shot as he knelt to pray is...
- Bear scare: 'Baden and Logan saved my life.'
- Miss Utah USA's bungled interview... 38
- BYU poll: Majority favor impeachment,... 27
- Video: Miss Utah USA flubs answer at... 26
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- 2 others back up extortion claims... 21
- Attorneys for AG John Swallow say... 20
- Gunman caught after shooting... 20
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 17