PROVO — Actor Gary Coleman has settled a personal injury lawsuit filed by a man who says the former child star and his wife assaulted him and tried to run him over with a truck.
The suit was dismissed Tuesday after Colt Rushton, Coleman and his wife, Shannon Price, reached a settlement agreement.
Rushton claimed Price snatched his cell phone outside a Payson bowling alley the evening of Sept. 6, 2008, after he refused to pay a fee for taking Coleman's picture. His lawsuit alleged that Coleman then hit Rushton with his pickup truck and struck another vehicle as he left the parking lot.
Coleman pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and reckless driving in connection to the incident.
Rushton's attorney, Dustin Lance, said he could not discuss terms of the confidential settlement but that his client is satisfied with the resolution.
The two sides argued in recent months over access to insurance company records relating to Coleman's driving history.
Price was arrested in July after a domestic dispute with Coleman at their Santaquin home, but no charges were filed.
— Paul Koepp
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12