PROVO — Actor Gary Coleman has settled a personal injury lawsuit filed by a man who says the former child star and his wife assaulted him and tried to run him over with a truck.
The suit was dismissed Tuesday after Colt Rushton, Coleman and his wife, Shannon Price, reached a settlement agreement.
Rushton claimed Price snatched his cell phone outside a Payson bowling alley the evening of Sept. 6, 2008, after he refused to pay a fee for taking Coleman's picture. His lawsuit alleged that Coleman then hit Rushton with his pickup truck and struck another vehicle as he left the parking lot.
Coleman pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and reckless driving in connection to the incident.
Rushton's attorney, Dustin Lance, said he could not discuss terms of the confidential settlement but that his client is satisfied with the resolution.
The two sides argued in recent months over access to insurance company records relating to Coleman's driving history.
Price was arrested in July after a domestic dispute with Coleman at their Santaquin home, but no charges were filed.
— Paul Koepp
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26