SALT LAKE CITY — New Mexico brings a 9-5 season record and a 1-1 MWC mark into the Huntsman Center tonight to battle the Utes, who currently stand undefeated at home this year in compiling an 8-0 winning streak.
Utah (9-5, 0-1) has won the last five games in the series with the Lobos, but all have been decided by less than five points.
The Utes' Kalee Whipple is expected to rebound from a cold shooting night last weekend where she scored only two points as Utah opened its conference schedule on the road with a loss to the 22nd-ranked TCU Horned Frogs.
Whipple stands 2nd in the MWC with a 16.0 ppg average. Taryn Wicijowski averages 14.4 ppg and Janita Badon is in double figures at 10.8 ppg.
New Mexico is coming off a win last weekend over UNLV.
Game time is 8 p.m., one hour later than usual, due to television.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22